Friday, June 14, 2013

challenge time

I think what I'm going to do - instead of jumping all the way in at once - is to set myself a new goal every couple weeks.

I've spent the past couple days thinking about it, and I've come to the conclusion that the first goal ABSOLUTELY MUST be to stop drinking so many freaking calories.

At my new work the fridge is stocked with soda, which I've been drinking about half regulars and half diet.  I'm not going to cut out soda all together - YET - but I've got to switch over to diet.  The regular cokes are delicious, but not helping me at all.

I stop at Starbucks more often than I'd like for iced dirty chais... which I am fully capable of cutting back on.  When I first started this blog, I allowed myself to get Starbucks once a week, on Friday.  I'm going back to that rule.  I won't cut myself off completely, but I can definitely handle limiting my dirty chai fix to be a treat once a week.

The bigger challenge is going to be drinks at the bar.  However, with my primary drinking buddy moving away in a few weeks, perhaps it will be easier than I think.  Not saying there won't be days when I won't have a beer with dinner or anything, but again, this is an area I can cut back in without completely abstaining.

So that's the plan! For the next couple weeks I'll really focus on drinking a LOT more water, and far fewer caloric beverages.

Now the question is... what should I plan to tackle after this?

3 comments:

  1. yay! you're blogging again :)

    I try to limit my beverage calorie intake to 200 calories per day, which is 14% of my total allowance. It's not unreasonable at all :) Of course I'm still working on it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good goals! I'm slowly working on getting back on track and I have to figure out what my goals will be.

    Glad to see you are back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of calories do come from soda and alcohol, but you're definitely on the right track with your goals. Limiting the amount of liquid calories your consuming during the day will do wonders for you. Good luck and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete