Monday, March 5, 2012

the second time around

Last week: 251.6

This week: 250.6 (-1)

I'll take a pound down, especially a pound in such a stressful week when tracking calories was kind of on the back burner for me. I had several days when I was a couple hundred calories over, and last night I had a complete meltdown and ate a hot pocket and ice cream for dinner.

Losing weight the second time around is tough. When I first started and I was 4 weeks in, I had lost something crazy like 17 pounds. I'm at 9.5 right now - and I know that 9.5 pounds is AWESOME... but it's hard not to compare it to last time, you know?

One thing I am doing differently this time is that I am eating the calories I burn when I exercise. This is something I learned on MyFitnessPal. If you are eating at a deficit to lose x # of pounds per week - you will lose that much whether or not you exercise. When you exercise, you are creating an even BIGGER deficit, and the energy you used to fuel your workout needs to be replaced with more food.

I wasn't eating enough the last time I was losing weight. I was eating between 1,200-1,500 most days, and also going to the gym for 1-2 hours a day most days. I am sure on some days I was netting way less than the recommended 1,200 calories/day. Which explains why I lost so fast at first... but I also think this explains why the weight came back on with such alarming speed when I stopped tracking.

Hopefully I'm doing it right this time around... and hopefully this is the LAST time around.

2 comments:

  1. it is it is the last last time!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete