Saturday, February 25, 2012

reworking stuff

I know I am overdue for a post, and that Friday was supposed to be weigh in day! The truth is, Fridays aren't great weigh ins for me anymore. Lately, Mondays have been a lot better. So, I think I'm going to switch it up and start doing Monday weigh ins. On Friday I was 254 even... I don't even remember what the last one was that I posted, since I've been weighing both Friday and Monday, haha. After sneaking a peak at the scale this morning - I am hoping that number sticks around until Monday when I shall kick off official Monday weigh ins.

Other than that, things are going well right now! I'm really feeling my depression meds a lot, which is so great. It is awesome to feel motivated again, whether that is motivation to go to the gym, to eat healthy, or even just to go hang out with friends. I love that my energy is coming back.

As far as health goes, I'm logging all my food and exercise over at MyFitnessPal. (Oh, and if any of you all want to be friends over there, my username is kaitimae.) One thing I notice that I struggle with is getting enough protein in my diet. I just don't get enough, no matter what I do or eat. So, I am branching out and trying protein powder. I got two flavors of a Whey Protein Powder at Walmart. I am excited to start using it, especially with how much I'm working out!

Today is SO beautiful here in Denver. I took the long way on my errands so I could drive with my windows down and my country music on loud. It was so pleasant and fun! The rest of the day is filled with hockey (Red Wings meetup at the bar) and a birthday party downtown for one of my choir friends. Needless to say, it was a good thing I went to Spin class this morning and burned up a bunch of calories... cause they are all going to be spent tonight when I'm out on the town. =)

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Just remember Kmae, your body can't process more than 19-20 grams of protein at a time, so be sure not to over do it all at one time :)

    I'm jealous of your open window driving, although it looks like it might be 60 here on Wednesday... paired with rain :(

    ReplyDelete