Friday, May 20, 2011

truth

The last time I wrote a blog, I weighed 253. As of today, I'm still there. I was up from that though at times. I'm actually down 2 lbs today from last Friday. Here is the truth of the past month or so...

-I'm doing better. I got back on the meds that I like, and I've really been noticing them start to kick in these past couple weeks. I've been tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal and that's been helping a lot. It's so much easier to track when I actually take my meds.

-I am really enjoying going to therapy. A lot. My counselor is awesome at what he does, and while progress is slow, I'm okay with that. I'm not going to change overnight... these things take time.

-Running a half marathon without having trained is just asking for immense amounts of pain. It was Wednesday before I finally felt better from running on Sunday. Sunday-Tuesday were just awful. However, my stubborness prevailed at the race, and I crossed the finish line and got my 5th half marathon medal. Could not be happier about that!

-This journey of living a healthier life is a hard one. But I've realised that if I ever want to have any chance of success, I've got to keep trying. No matter how hard it is, no matter how TIRED OF IT I am (oh, I'm so tired of it...), I will not succeed if I don't TRY.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and your half marathon awesomeness. You are such a strong person and I know you can keep up with the challenges you face... and blow them away!

    Find strength in your faith, family and friends girl!

    Linds

    ReplyDelete