Friday, April 8, 2011

poor neglected blog

I have not blogged lately at all - but I recently picked my other blog back up (Getting Wrecked), and so I decided it was time to start again with this one as well.

As I'm sure you can guess, I do not have much good news. For the past few months I've really been struggling with my depression meds, and just last week convinced my doctor to put me back on the ones that I like and know work for me. It means ordering them from a pharmacy outside Kaiser, but I'd rather pay extra than stay on meds I don't like.

While on the other depression meds, I gained weight like crazy. It did not help that I was not making good choices with what I was eating - but I know that at least part of that weight gain was from the meds - I could not have gained all that I did without that being part of the cause. As of Wednesday this week I weighed in at 255. (I had seen numbers in the 260s last week though.) This morning, I was at 253.

One thing that I know is going to help me in the long run is the fact that I started seeing a counselor. He is absolutely wonderful, and even 3 sessions in I know that going through counseling is going to change my life.

I'm very slowly putting my life back together. I really do want to keep going with this blog, but right now, my other blog is holding more of my attention. I'll try and get over here at least once a week though.

One last thing before I wrap up - my good friend Lindsay has started blogging, and writes a fantastic one! She only has 3 followers, and deserves to have 300! Please, please, please go check out Lindsay's blog and follow her!!! She's lost 30 pounds so far and is a great inspiration! Her blog can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes it's hard to accept we can't be everywhere.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete