Friday, January 28, 2011

Thursday Weigh-In, Friday Update

Hey all! Just checking in because it is FRIDAY!!! Woohoo! I am so happy it's the weekend!

Okay so last Friday I weighed in at: 241.8.

Yesterday, (Thursday), I was at: 238.8 (-3)

So I lost 3 pounds this week! How amazing is that!?!?! Pretty dang awesome if I do say so myself. I weighed in yesterday instead of today because last night I went out to eat with my good friend Ashley. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and while I made good choices, I didn't want a false reading due to sodium intake. I will happily take yesterday's weight though! Hooray!

And in case you were wondering what I ordered last night - I got steak fajitas, and told them to hold the cheese and sour cream, and I asked for black beans instead of pinto. I only ate like 2 bites of my rice, and one tortilla. The rest of the time, I just ate the fajita ingredients right off the sizzling plate with my fork. Yum, yum, yum! I cannot wait to go back and get it again, it was beyond delicious! (I also ate some guacamole, too.)

Today I am stuck in internal debate. I am seriously reconsidering doing the triathlon this summer. And it isn't that I wouldn't love to do it - but right now, I have my heart absolutely set on running a marathon this fall. I just don't think I can afford to do both. The Tri class is expensive, and I am also afraid I will get so wrapped up in training for the Tri, that my marathon training would take backseat. I really don't want that - I want to fully commit to something. Right now I just have marathon brain. I can afford the marathon registration and a couple pairs of new shoes. I don't think I can afford those things AND the triathlon class. We'll see. But I will probably make a decision in the next few weeks here.

I did sign up for the same spring half marathon I've been doing for a few years now. I wasn't going to - but I just needed something to train for! I'm getting excited to start officially training for that race in a few weeks.

Aside from all things exercisey, life is great. I have taken on a new responsibility at church, and I am now the Sunday volunteer coordinator. Mostly this means that I am doing a LOT of email during the week. I'm loving it though, and I can't wait til Sunday to meet some of my volunteers!

I have kept my room clean for ALMOST 2 whole weeks. I am immensely proud of this.

Tomorrow I have my second laser appointment and then I'm going hiking. I cannot wait to get out into the mountains again, it has been way too long, and I have been itching to go for awhile. Super excited.

Apparently I can't escape talking about exercise. Well, I'm gonna get back to work. I have to start thinking about lunch, and then after work I have training. (See?!? Can't stop!)

Happy Friday, all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, on all areas!! Job well done and deserved! You are kicking butt girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on your loss-too cool!!!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome loss! Sounds like you have some awesome things on your plate no matter what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I am SOO proud of you for posting so much...youve been better than me. And you have been losing!!! All this positive talk is really inspiring me so you better keep posting because you do more than you think when you do <3

    ReplyDelete