Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday update, just in time!

I promise I didn't forget about updating at least once a week!

So here's the bad news - I am up 3 pounds exactly from 2 weeks ago. I'm not happy with it, but I know it came directly from emotional/overeating after my accident and not exercising when I was recovering. Thankfully, I am now recovered enough to work out, and I'm back on track with my food! Yeah!

I met with Janel for the first time since before Christmas, as she was on her honeymoon for a couple weeks. We are now officially working on upping my weights, so it was an intense session last night. I'm up to 140 on leg press, which I am SO PROUD OF, because it is well over half my body weight. Heck yes! I won't bore you with the rest of my weights, but I must say I am extremely excited about increasing them.

(Aside: I know so many girls who worry about getting "bulky" and just want to be toned - which is not a bad goal, to be sure! But I am not one of those girls. Bring on the muscle! I was not built to be slight, and I never will be. I am so pleased with my muscles and my strength.)

Okay well, it is 10 on Friday night, and I'm headed to bed. I know, I'm such an exciting 26 year old, hahaha! I am going to breakfast with a good friend and one of his friends who I have never met. We are going to the very best breakfast place in Colorado (in my opinion, anyway), and I'm super excited, because it really is a treat to go there. I'm going to get what I want for breakfast, not worry over it, and then get out for some good exercise in the afternoon, even if it is just an hour long walk.

Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race. So proud of you for staying with it.

    ReplyDelete