So here are my plans for Big, Fun, Scary Adventures in 2011:
- Lose weight. Do not try to tell me that this is not BIG, FUN, or SCARY. It is all three, and all of you know it.
- Complete a triathlon with Janel's triathlon group. This is so scary to me. I do not swim well. (I can get in a pool and not drown doing laps, but I have zero form.) I do not bike at all. But Janel is so persuasive, and I met some of the girls who did it last summer and they just loved it. I am already saving for the program, and I will be working out with them from April or May through the race in August. I will not do my regular training during that time - I'll only be running, swimming, and biking.
- Complete a marathon. I talked to Janel about this - with the Tri in early August, she is confident that I can be ready for a late fall marathon. Provided that I will not be breaking my toe again this summer.
- Finish my fairy tale manuscript. I've been working on it off and on for two years now. I need to finish it.
- I feel like this list should have 5 things. Okay - last item - if my choir is singing a piece of music that I love and it has a soprano solo - AUDITION for it. I chickened out this fall, and I wish I hadn't. The girl who got it was okay, but it was far better suited to my voice type.
There's my list! I'm excited.
What are YOUR Big, Fun, Scary Adventures for 2011 going to be? Reply with them here, or make a blog post, and put a link in the comments! I would love to hear what you will tackle in the coming year.