Wednesday, September 8, 2010

i keep going away and not meaning to!

Life just gets so busy sometimes! For example, last week I had a surprise root canal on Wednesday. I was expecting to get one done, sure, but not when I went in for my preliminary appointment. We got done with the xrays and the consult and they were like "Oh hey, we saved you a timeslot at 11 if you want to get the root canal done now!" It was not in my plan for the day, but I was happy to have it done. NO more tooth pain!!!

I was also pet/house sitting all last week, babysitting this weekend, and this week I am all over the place. I had training with Janel last night and nearly threw up. For reals. It was the first time I have ever felt that sick during training. Like I really had to work to not run to the bathroom. Luckily Janel is awesome and let me walk around, sit down, and she went and got cold paper towels and put them on my neck. It helped! We slowed down after that, but I finished the workout strong. I still don't really know what caused it, but it was a totally not fun experience. I am really going to miss working out with Janel. What with paying for the root canal and picking up paying for my student loans, I don't think I'll be able to afford training for awhile. Maybe if I get some money for Christmas... maybe.

Tonight I am meeting some friends for tea after work and we are going to discuss a Bible study that we are going to start doing together. I also volunteered to help with my church's new Wednesday evening service... I'm excited to be getting more involved with church and friends from church. Then tomorrow, one of my very best friends from college and her boyfriend are flying in just to visit for the weekend!!! I am super excited, I must say. We have some stuff planned, but will probably just enjoy hanging out and doing whatever. I'm for sure looking forward to going back to Ft. Collins and going on the New Belgium tour again. Yum yum.

On Sunday, I start singing with my new choir! I can't even explain how much I need this. Singing has been such a huge part of my life for such a long time, and now I have it back again. I think it will do so much for my happiness level.

A final note - I am bringing back rewards! I think if I have rewards that I really want (and can't have if I don't meet my goals!), I'll be more motivated to actually work on my health, haha. So the first reward is NEW ITUNES MUSIC!!! I have not bought music in a really long time, and just yesterday found an album that I really, really want. So I'm making that my reward for getting into the teens. 219.9 or lower, I get the music. Then I'll decide on another reward after that.

Well, that is all for now, I think. I must go back to work! Lunchtime is over!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like life has been busy, and busy can be good. We have missed you though!! I think rewards is a good thing, I have been thinking about that myself since I need some motivation right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your overall positive attitude. I am not sure many people would approach the whole root canal situation in such a positive light! We need a more positive outlook in life. Thanks for the motivation! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy and it doesn't look as though it's going to change any time soon.

    I've given you the Happy Award which you can pick up over at my blog
    http://withgodnothingistoohard.blogspot.com/
    I hope you can find time to have a little fun with it.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete