Wednesday, August 18, 2010

i am alive

I am still here. I have been so busy at work lately, and then I come home and crash. I watch a show or two on Hulu and hit the sack. This weekend was especially busy.

On Saturday I went out with two of my housemates and we went hiking. I summitted my first 14er, Grays Peak, in 4 hours and 30 minutes. My housemates did both Grays and Torreys in that same amount of time, but I'm not trying to worry abut how fast or slow I was. I climbed a freaking 14,000+ foot mountain. It was awesome. I have a ton of pictures and a 360 degree view from the summit video that I will post later this week.

Saturday night, Sunday, and Monday I spent hanging out with my brother, who was in town for a few days before heading back to Michigan. It was great to see him. We kept busy watching movies, swimming, grilling, hot tubbing, and watching more movies. Oh, and going out to eat at the AMAZING breakfast restaurant Snooze, in Denver. Probably the most delicious food I have ever eaten. Ever. If any of you ever come to visit me, I will take you there.

Speaking of eating, today at least, is going well. Having Janel's support is so great, I honestly can't even tell you. She is worth far, far more than I pay. She is giving me recipes when we meet again on Thursday. She is my main motivation to get back on track. I want to do well in personal training - and I am. But I would be doing so much better if my eating was on track. Today, finally, I feel like I have it together again.

I had some raisin bran for breakfast. A handful of nuts for a midmorning snack. And for lunch just now I had a Lean Cuisine, a yogurt, and will eat a banana here in a few more minutes. I am feeling very proud of myself today!

That's all for now, I guess. I have to get back to work! I will try and get pics up tonight or tomorrow. =)

4 comments:

  1. Here's some motivation. Look at where you were last year at this time. You've come so far. Make a goal that this year will be as successful as last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found your motivation. Sounds like you are doing really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SUMMITTED!!!!!!! WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

    ReplyDelete