Wednesday, August 4, 2010

buddy taped

Don't you think this whole healthy living process would be a lot easier if we were all buddy taped together? You would never ever be able to sneak ice cream or get away with not going out for your daily walk. Yes, it would make some things easier, having someone to look out for you. It could also make it a lot more annoying.

Speaking of buddy taping, yesterday was the first day I made it all day with my toes taped together. The whole first week of it being broken, I could not stand to have things touching the toe. I would walk around the office without shoes because it was more comfortable than having even the littlest part of my shoe touch my foot. But since I can now effectively buddy tape it to the toe next to it, I say my toe is on the way to healing. Hooray!

I changed my registration for the race in October to a half marathon instead of the full. Still a little bummed about that, but I guess it just wasn't my time. Now I'm looking towards the spring for a full marathon. I am also planning on doing a Triathalon next summer... Janel and her other clients who did the Tri on Sunday convinced me. I'm doing it.

What with not being allowed to run for the next month, I'm struggling to get in my exercise. I still work out with Janel twice a week, and she accomodates my toe very well. I just can't do things like mountain climbers. (Nor do I miss them...) Other than that, I can bike, do the elliptical, and swim. My gym has no pool, so that leaves the first two. I am working a fundraiser tomorrow through Saturday, so my plan is to be in the gym at least 4 days a week after this weekend. 5, if I can swing it time wise.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and got $86 of all organic groceries. I got a lot of food, too! It should last me at least a week and a half, if not 2 weeks. I am excited to start making the switch to only organic food. I know I won't be able to control what I eat when I go out, but at home and at work, I am really working on making the healthiest possible choices.

That's it for now, everyone. Thanks for all your wonderful comments lately! I know I need to reply to a lot of you still! Going to try to by this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Buddy taped! hahaha. If you find someone to agree, could we have a picture of that, please. Chuckle. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your toe but at least it has a buddy.

    You'll have to be all kinds of creative to stay fit for the marathon.

    Wish you all the best and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete