Wednesday, July 21, 2010

triathalon...

My trainer, Janel, trains a group of women every summer to do triathalons. Some of the women in the group are going to be doing the marathon in October and asked her to get them ready for it, and Janel invited me along on their Saturday runs starting in August. Sure, why not, I said. Then she invited me to come to the barbeque the group was having after their triathalon on the 1st. Somehow, I get the feeling I am going to be doing a triathalon next summer... I have to say, I am getting more than just personal training sessions for the money I paid. It is so obvious that Janel really cares how I am doing and wants to help and include me in things that she knows I would like. That just feels really good.

Speaking of feeling good... thank you all so much for your comments on my previous entry. I can't tell you how much every one of them meant to me, and how some of them even made me cry a little. I would never be able to make it through this journey without you all alongside me. I may have fallen, but what got me up was the rest of you being so kind and helpful and supportive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Today was the first day where I have felt really good about my food intake. I had some raisin bran, yogurt, and cranberry juice for breakfast. I had an Eating Right frozen meal for lunch, along with an apple and peanut butter and another yogurt. I had a whole fruit popsicle for an afternoon snack, and now I am about to have delicious veggie filled stir fry for dinner! I just got back from a 3.5 mile run, so it is going to taste extra good I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment