Monday, July 26, 2010

starting over

Starting over is hard. I am still not all the way back to my usual habits, but I'm getting there for sure. Today I weighed in at 215, which is 4.4 pounds down from last Saturday's 219.4. I am going in the right direction again, hooray! While it sucks having to lose weight that I've already lost once, I am just thanking God that I didn't gain back all 50 pounds. 20 is bad enough.

I am getting excited for this process again. I am excited to gain back my control, and it is happening just a little more every day. I am excited to reattain my weight in the 100's, especially since I know it will look different than the last time I was there, because I have been working so hard with Janel.

Speaking of working with Janel... I am loving the changes I can feel in my body. I feel stronger, especially my back and shoulders. My shoulders even look more defined, which is so cool! I am also noticing that I am gaining stamina. In my first session with Janel, "bicycles" were so incredibly hard. Last week, I did 2 sets and made it through each of them thinking, "Wow, okay, that wasn't so bad! I didn't even think about wanting to take a break!" I am so proud of that. My next goal is to be able to do a whole set of standard pushups. NO knees on the floor. I did ONE just now, so I know that I will soon be able to work up to doing several in a row, and then a whole set.

In other news, yesterday was our lease signing for the house I am living in! My new roommates came over and we met with our landlord and signed the new lease. I am so happy that 1) I don't have to move, and 2) That my new roommates are awesome. (That said, my current ones are awesome as well and I will miss them!)

Lastly, a question: Do any of you cook just for yourself? If you do, do you have any good cookbooks or websites for small recipes? I love my current cookbooks (Jillian's Master Cookbook, BL cookbook, some others that I have picked up at work), but most of them have recipes that serve 4 people. I don't mind occaisionally having leftovers or freezables, but I don't have a ton of fridge/freezer space either, since I'm sharing with 3 other people. Any resources y'all can give me would be much appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. What I do when cooking for myself is I take those recipes for 4 and divide everything exactly in half. That was you have dinner for yourself and then one thing of leftovers for the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooking for one...story of my life! even when living with others i find myself cooking for just me.
    one of my favorite ways to cook for one is to get a small pack of extra-lean hamburger and use 1/4 of it at a time. you can make chili-for-one by frying up 1/4 of the meat till brown, then adding a tablespoon or so of refried beans to thicken it up; then, alternate spaghetti sauce and salsa to your liking. sometimes i eat it with toasted pita chips or (my fave) whole wheat spaghetti.
    i also like pita pizza and tacos, which are both friendly for single eating.

    thank God you didn't gain all 50 pounds back. you're a strong girl, and you're only getting stronger! glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kaitlin, it sounds like you are doing great! Wahooo, giant number of pounds lost!!!!

    Don't forget to add you update comment on the FREEDOM challenge post. :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 4.4 loss! I know it's hard to re-lose weight you've worked so hard to lose in the first place. I've been there. A few times! Looks like you are back on track and doing well. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you google "cooking for one" you will get a nice Marie Claire magazine article about cooking and shopping.

    "Healthy Cooking for Two (or just you)" by Frances Price

    ReplyDelete