Tuesday, July 27, 2010

kinda heartbroken

Health-wise, the worse possible news ever would probably be hearing that I could never ever run again.

The second worst news is hearing that I can't run for 6 weeks. I broke my toe this morning, and the doctor said running is the worst thing I could do, and I'm not allowed to even TRY until my toe feels 100% better and doesn't hurt at all.

Which means that I will not be able to run a full marathon this fall. I am really sad. I was planning the marathon for my 26th birthday and now I can't do it. I WILL run a marathon in my 26th year though, don't think I won't. As far as this fall... I know that Janel will keep me in shape even though I'll have to do some different exercises now. I am confident that I will be able to run the half marathon in October. But it really bums me out that I won't be ready for the full.


6 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about your setback. Sometimes, though, taking a forced break from running can be beneficial because you have time and energy to do other things such as weights, maybe core exercises... Hopefully you can find some benefits to this, although I can totally understand your frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is sad news. You may have to grieve it for a bit, but you'll see that the timing was right once you run your marathon later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry. And I agree with Dawne. :) Everything works out for a reason--even if it feels sad and disappointing at first. Often we look back and are able to see how things worked out better than we ever expected or planned in the first place. Still feels sad for now.... Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm disappointed for you now, but I'm excited about your outlook. Knowing it can happen even if not on your schedule makes the negative seem a little more positive.

    Chin up friend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your toe. Don't worry, though. You'll be back out there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about the setback, but I'm glad you're planning out your goals for when you /can/ run again!

    ReplyDelete