Tuesday, June 29, 2010

it just figures...

I go to the grocery store on Sundays usually. After church, before dinner and jazz with my neighbors. I usually feel like I look pretty cute, since I'm still kind of dressed up from church. I only ever see families and older couples.

Today I went to the grocery store after my workout with Janel. And the grocery store? FULL of guys. I am so serious right now. It's like every attractive male decided to go shopping tonight. And I am still in my ridiculously sweaty workout clothes. UGH. Hahaha. Just thought that was a funny story.

Truly, I don't care what anyone thinks about how I look after a workout. I mean, I feel awesome, and that's all that matters. Also, I especially don't care about guys at the grocery store... (Read: I might kind of care what one of neighbor boys thinks... but SHH!)

Anyway... my workout with Janel was insane today. I really felt like I was going to throw up a couple times, but I didn't, thank God! Here is what we did:

20 low jumping jacks
6 down-dog push-ups
30 mountain climbers
10 low plank leg lifts (10 per leg, btw.)
20 "supermans"
20 crunch style toe touches
10 leg lifts
20 crunch style toe touches
20 "supermans"
10 low plank leg lifts
30 mountain climbers
6 down-dog push ups
20 low jumping jacks

Even ONE cycle of this was so hard. We did FOUR. I was literally dripping sweat onto the mat after just one cycle. By the end of the hour, I was totally soaked. It was awesome. But Janel said next time we are doing it as a time trial... hopefully not til towards the end of my training. Apparently some people can do 4 cycles in like, 20 minutes. I am really thinking about doing this again, though, on my own. I mean, it was a great workout, and I can do everything without any equipment. It is a perfect "portable" workout... I think I'll try it next week when I am traveling for a wedding I'm in. Plus, the more practice I can get in on it, the better I'll do on my time trial, whenever that may be...

Well, despite the fact that I'm running in the morning, I am still going to shower tonight. I'm a sweaty sticky mess! (I know you really wanted to know!) I'm just going to rinse off though. Shampooing and the like can wait til after my morning run.

Happy Tuesday evening, everyone!!!

p.s. I feel SO happy right now! What a great mood! Thanks, endorphins!!!



6 comments:

  1. Too funny about the grocery store! It's Murphy's Law, isn't it? Your workout sounds pumpin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a great workout :)

    and I read somewhere that men find women more attractive after physical activity because it releases a hormone or something... we just GLOW. so I never worry about being seen all sweaty in my workout gear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly! I'd be dead after that workout! What a good feeling though afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, nice wonderful dead feeling! the men can get over it though, they seem to think women should be magically thin without anything going into it....and now i'm wishing that too! lol, but alas that's not life. good workout though, you must be proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mercy stops God giving you what you do deserve - judgement and grace inspires God to give you what you don't deserve but to give you what Jesus deserves - because He died on your behalf!
    Grace means the absolute goodness of God and only His goodness coming my way! Never judgements, never divine frustrations, never divine disapproval. May grace upon grace come upon you daily....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry correction Grace means the absolute goodness of God coming your way not my way.

    ReplyDelete