Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I am a busy bee!

I really am. It seems that my calendar is just getting more and more filled with wonderful things. Between work, personal training, and marathon training, there isn't a whole lot of room for other things. Yet I have also managed to squeeze in babysitting, dinner with a church friend, church, picking up my bridesmaid's dress and a Saturday field trip to Fort Collins. And that is just this week!

So I did something on Tuesday. I promised Janel (my personal trainer) that I would write down everything I ate for the next week. I am not keeping track of calories, though. That's just too much for me right now. But I am writing down what I am eating and when I am eating it. Even just knowing that Janel expects me to do this is keeping me on track.

Marathon training is going smoothly. I am training to finish, not for any sort of time goal, so it isn't very intense yet. I ran 5 miles on Sunday, and 3 yesterday. Tomorrow is 4, Saturday 3, and Sunday 6. Then I get a rest day on Monday before killing it at the gym with Janel on Tuesday. Training is really helping. I can literally feel myself getting stronger. I am going to have rock hard muscles in no time!

You might have noticed that I didn't do a weigh in post on Friday. Here are my reasons:

1. I was running late. (This is true, I was, I swear!)
2. I was up 5 pounds. 5 POUNDS!

There is no way that was real weight, and sure enough, the next day I was back down again.

I am just so tired of fighting myself. Fighting to get out the door to run. Fighting to choose healthy foods and appropriate amounts of them to eat. So, so, so tired of fighting. And the scale is not helping. I am finding that I am putting far too much emphasis on what it says. What I should be doing is focusing on how great I feel after completing an hour with Janel or a long run. On how muscles all over my body are just the slightest bit sore, even two days after training. I should be caring about what food I am fixing for myself, and celebrating when I make good choices.

I'm not going to post Friday weigh ins for awhile. Not until I can stop freaking out about what the scale says. Until then, I will still update on Friday (and sporadically throughout the week as well), but I will update with all the positive things I have done during the week.

I am very slowly climbing off this plateau that I have been stuck on for the last 2 months. And it is painfully slow, but I'm getting there.

3 comments:

  1. If the scale is holding you back or making your journey less of a positive experience you can always give it a kick to the curb and focus on how you are feeling physically instead. It sounds like the other areas of your life are full and that you have a lot to look forward to in your life.

    Continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nodding my head as I read this. I am feeling the exact same way about my scale- if I see a bad number, my day is ruined, no matter if the number makes sense or not. So, I'll be right there with you in giving up the scale for a little while. It's how we feel that counts!

    ReplyDelete