Monday, June 14, 2010

happy!

Happy 1st day of marathon training, everyone! Or, okay, maybe I'm just saying that to myself. =)

Today is the first day of marathon training. I ran a measly 3 miles on the treadmill, but I felt awesome. Somehow, today, I feel like a marathoner. I mean, I really feel different! I don't know why this is, but I like it! I desperately want to shower, but I am doing 4 miles in the morning tomorrow. It would kind of be a waste of water to shower tonight and also in the morning. Instead, I'm going to give myself a pedicure. My feet could use a little TLC, I think.

Confession: whenever I haven't gotten mail in a long time, I usually go to Amazon and buy something. It's almost always a book, and it is also always a book that I end up keeping. Today I really wanted to buy books about marathoning. But be proud of me: instead, I whipped out my library card and ordered NINE books to be delivered to my library. For free. Probably most of them I would not want to keep but if there is one or two that are really super useful, maybe I will buy them in the future. I am pretty sure I will have cleaned out the library of marathoning books for a couple weeks at least, hahaha.

Last but not least! Have you checked out the daily 3 yet? If you haven't, come check it out! (And then send me an email to join! everydaygrace.blog@gmail.com) Basically, it's a community where we all post 3 goals every day and then offer support to everyone else. So far, there are really only 2 of us posting, and we have a small band of followers. I am pretty sure if you want to join the community though, you don't even need to be a follower - the blog will show up on your dashboard and you can get to it that way! So come on over! I have found it very helpful so far, and I'm enjoying starting to think of new ways to challenge myself with my goals.

2 comments:

  1. ditto about the not showering... I'm just twiddling my thumbs not showering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic- I'm feeling pumped for you that you are so excited for marathon training! Very inspiring, because one day I'd love to be like that! And WTG with the books, you can't beat the money you can save in the library!

    ReplyDelete