Sunday, May 9, 2010

thanks, cute boys!

Today I did my last long distance run before the race next week. I ran 11.25 miles, walking probably close to a mile of that, or maybe just slightly more. I didn't keep track of time, and I do kind of wish I had checked the time before I left the house at least. But I didn't. Alas.

I felt pretty good today. By the time I got home, my feet were killing me, I was super hot, and was just sore all over. I'm sure that is how I will feel next week, too. But until next week, I wanted to write down some things I need to remember on raceday:

1. Put bodyglide on my feet.
2. Take more than 1 gel. Ideally, 3 just to be safe.
3. Pack some ibuprofen to take around mile 6 or so.
4. Wear better socks.

Umm, that's all I can think of for right now. All in all, it was a good run. It was also fun getting lots of encouraging comments from cute boys, and just trading good mornings with pretty much everyone out on the trail.

Here is one interesting thing that happened, though. I was wiped out by the start of my last lap around the park. Halfway through the last lap, I somehow managed to pick up my speed. If that isn't weird enough right there, it actually felt BETTER to go faster than slower. Ahh, the wonders of the human mind and body. Don't know what happened there, but if I can recreate it a week from now, I'll be one happy camper.

As much as it hurts... I love being a runner.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the run! And the eye candy support ;-). I'm on my second week of the couch to 5k program and I'm looking forward to finally being a runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I speed up sometimes too..but more just to get it over with! Lol

    ReplyDelete