Monday, May 17, 2010

oddly proud

I have 2 nice little purple toenails today. They make me feel accomplished. They are twins too, both on the second toe on each foot. It will be interesting to see if they fall off before the wedding I am in in July, or if they will still be there looking ugly. I wonder what the nail person will say... hahaha.

In other news, my ear might explode! No really. I have been in massive facial pain since Thursday night, so I went to the doctor on Friday and got diagnosed with TMJ. Which I knew nothing about until Friday. So most of the left side of my head is sore in some way or another, mostly in my jaw area, up through my ear. My ear has been popping all day, and feels so full. Hence explosion. I have a dentist appointment for Wednesday morning, and hopefully they can do something for this pain. I do not want to be waking up in the middle of the night having to put ice on half my face just so that I can go back to sleep. (No joke, that is what happened last night!) Do any of you have TMJ? If so, what in the world do you do to relieve it? My NSAIDs hardly do anything for me, so far ice is the only thing that has helped.

Well it is looking like it is going to rain soon, and I really need to get a run in today. I know how insanely crazy that sounds after running 13.1 miles yesterday. I don't know why I feel this need to get out, but I think if I do it, I might loosen up a little, and that would be grand. So I'm going to try to beat the rain... and if it doesn't rain, I might go out with Carter for a walk later, too!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome. It's a badge of honor. Wear them proudly. The same exact toes on my feet have been black and purple and discolored for a little more than a year now, and it's great. I actually had a pedicure recently and they were able to deal with the one that had gotten way out of control.

    The one on my right foot fell off recently but that was the first time it had fallen clean off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch about the TMJ. Hope they can do something to give you some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the race, sounds like a great achievement! Hope the TMJ gets resolved soon, never had it but I've heard it really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! That's gotta hurt. :( I put my jaw out of place flossing my teeth in December (no joke!) and that killed - I can only imagine what you're going through.

    Congrats on the race! :)

    ReplyDelete