Thursday, May 13, 2010

my birthday's coming up!

Okay, not until October. I didn't really think I could fool you there.

But this morning I bought myself a 26th birthday present. It's kind of scary.

For my 26th birthday, I'm running 26 miles. I haven't been able to get it out of my head for weeks now that I should do a marathon for my birthday. And today the Denver Marathon had a promo going, so I saved $13 bucks on my registration (and may have also won a giftcard to P.F. Changs!), so I waited until today to sign up.

I am still kind of in shock. Do I believe I can do it? Actually... yeah. I do. Maybe I will be the last one across the finish line, but I can do it.

I'm really excited about this. I have been running for years, and now I am going to be running my first marathon. For my 26th birthday.

Perfect timing I think.




5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! And what a great gift to yourself! Have fun training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyyy!!! hehehe... on your marks... get set...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps I have my training schedule filled in through November... do you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I will come out to watch and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete