Tuesday, May 18, 2010

infection city

The good news is that I do not have TMJ!!!

The bad (really bad) news is that I have an abscessed tooth. Major infection in there. While I am thrilled to have a correct diagnosis and drugs that will actually HELP, I am less than excited about getting a root canal down the road. But I guess it must be done.

If you have never had an infected tooth, don't get one! Haha. Not much you can do to stop it though. I thought the pain was unbearable before I went to the dentist. Then they took the xray. I have never hurt so bad in my life. It might have even been more painful than my whole wisdom teeth ordeal.

Well I just took some pain killers, the kind that will actually kill some pain, and now I am going to make a scrambled egg and hope I can choke it down. (I love eggs, it just hurts a lot to swallow.) Then I will take my antibiotic and go to sleep. Don't really care if I go to bed at 7, seeing as how I got maybe only 2 good hours of sleep last night.

6 comments:

  1. ooh, that stinks. Well, thanks to modern medicine you can be infection free and pain free in a matter of days. Here's to twilight!! (and I don't mean the movie :-) )

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the tooth abscess. One of the most painful things. Hopefullt you will start feeling the benefit of the antibiotics very soon.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are pain free very soon! Glad you went to the dentist and didn't wait around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds awful. I hope your meds start working soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so incredibly sorry about your tooth issues. is there anything worse!?? but the good news is, it can only get better from here!

    YES, cream of wheat is my soul food! except i love it with butter and sugar and milk. but i am very seriously considering making it as you suggested. i love the taste of it like no other. i just wish it has some fiber or SOMETHING, anything!

    i really hope you try a shake with some flavored oatmeal. i think you'll be

    ReplyDelete