Thursday, May 27, 2010

Goal weight reward suggestions, anyone?

Hey friends!

So after sleeping extremely well last night, I woke up today so sore. From those dang 18 pushups. I felt it throughout the day as I would reach for things at my desk. Then, right as I was walking into my gym after work... I got a muscle cramp in my arm. Yikes! So much worse than just being sore! I kind of massaged it for a few minutes and then got to working out. Might as well, right? I think exercising actually kind of helped loosen it up, which is good. I did half an hour on the elliptical and then half an hour on the treadmill. I was very much sweaty when I left. I put in about 4.5 miles between the two machines and burned a little over 500 calories. Gooooood workout.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I haven't done it since the first week of the month. I've been slacking, and we all know it. But weigh in will happen. It won't be pretty... but I will deal. I am feeling good about the future, and I know that I am not stopping this process of becoming healthier anytime soon.

I was thinking while I was showering after dinner just now, that I am going to redo my rewards system. I think for the rest of this time, I am going to do rewards at every 10 pounds. 60 pounds lost (190) will still be mani/pedis with Carter, provided she is still in town. (Oh gosh, it better come sooner than the end of July!!) 70 pounds down (180) will be... some new running gear that I am sure I will need for my marathon training - probably new shoes, a fuel belt, socks, shorts maybe. That kind of stuff.

80 pounds down (170) will be... I don't know yet! At 170 I may be winding down the weight loss and starting to focus more on maintenance and/or finishing up marathon training. (I hope this is how the timeline goes anyway...) If you all have good suggestions for a final goal prize, let me know. I have an idea... but I want to hear what you all have to say! You might think of something totally better than what I am thinking!

Well, it is time for me to relax on the couch and watch my Netflix movie, The Time Traveler's Wife. I've heard it is very sad, but I have been wanting to watch it for awhile.

See you all back here tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

  1. Clothes!! I dress way differently now than before, and I always like picking something up that I never would have worn when I was big and adding it to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoohhhhh Josie that is an awesome idea!!! And I will get them taken with my new clothes!!!! Hmm, I think I had better start saving my money for this, hahahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a destination Marathon? Think of a place that you have always wanted to visit and then search for marathons in that area :)

    ReplyDelete