Tuesday, April 20, 2010

working out

I finally got a workout yesterday. I have been waiting for my knee to feel better, and these past few days, it has. I didn't have the most intense workout, but it felt SO good to be back in the gym. I did half an hour on the treadmill, alternating walking and jogging. I so wanted to do more, but I was kind of feeling knee twitches, so I played it safe. And I think that was a good idea, to work my way back into running a little slowly.

After that, I did half an hour on the elliptical. That made me sweat a lot, hah! One thing I have been noticing lately is that I have to do more work if I want to have the same calorie burn that I did 50 pounds ago. Which I think I knew... but now it is real.

My last day at the Y is next Friday. Which means my last day of free Y membership is also next Friday. Since my new job is in the opposite direction as the Y, I am now officially gym shopping. What kinds of gyms do you guys go to? Does anyone have opinions about 24 Hour Fitness?

6 comments:

  1. i have a 24 hour fitness membership and i really like it a lot. it is packed quite often, but they have all sorts of machines, classes, nice amenities. i really like it. we could go together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever been a member of the Y and of Lifetime. I LOOOOOOOVED Lifetime but it was $60/mo which is a lot even on an engineer's salary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No opinions about gyms. Good job for working out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting back into the workouts. I hurt my knee on the ice in Feb and am just getting back into walking. I'm not a gym rat, so I can't help much there. Keep making healthy choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! Biggest Loser announced on yesterday's show that if you mention the Biggest Loser Special at 24 Hour Fitness, one of your fees will be waived for a limited time. I want to call it the entry or establishment fee, but that's not quite right :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Def. look around at the different gyms in your area. I wish my gym offered more classes. I have to pay a lot for the classes they do offer. I know some gyms have free ones which would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete