Friday, April 16, 2010

what kind of news do you want first?

Let's go with the bad.

I am up a pound this week. So in two weeks I have managed to not lose anything, and gain a pound. Let's face it though... I know what I did. And what I did was a lot of stress eating. Yuck. I also have not been able to work out, and that is not even an excuse, it is the honest truth. My knee has been really bothering me and it hurts a lot of the time. I am going to take it easy this weekend and try to stay off it as much as possible. More ibuprofen and ice. But if it is still bothering me on Sunday/Monday, I'm going to get in to see my doctor. Which I hope I won't have to... I need to get on with my training!

Okay that was the bad. Now for the good news! (Can you guess what it is?)

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I am so very excited. My interview went really well yesterday, I felt good about it. Today I was seriously so jumpy every time I thought my phone might be ringing/vibrating. Haha. Around 4:30 I got a call from one of my references, and she told me she had a great talk with the executive director of the Foundation I'll be working with. So that was a really good sign. Then, right before 5:00, the Director called me and offered me the job!

I am going to be the administrative coordinator for a library foundation. So I'll be helping raise money, working with volunteers, organizing lots of files and materials, doing general office work, etc. I am really, really excited. I have two weeks left with the daycare. But I wish I could start this job tomorrow.

I am pretty sure I got this job because I added Jack as a last minute reference. Haha. =) Seriously though, thanks to everyone who left such kind and encouraging comments. I am so grateful to you all, you helped to keep me calm and sane these past few days.

Well. I don't think anything can top that bit of news, so I'm out for the night. Time for a shower, and going to bed without having to set an alarm! YAY!

7 comments:

  1. Just found your blog... Congrats on the Job!
    That must take a lot of stress of your shoulders. Now that hurdle is overcome, you can reinvest that effort in your health. I will be rooting for you! RAH RAH RAH!

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Having a job you love is a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news.

    I'm so pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Congratulations on landing the job. It sounds like a real cool job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun to have a job that you love.

    ReplyDelete