Friday, April 2, 2010

a really good day

I have been having a truly excellent day today! Some of my plans changed, but it didn't really bother me. Basking in the glow of 50 pounds lost... not much can! Hahaha.

I went out for my run this morning and it was colder than I thought. And also really really windy. I was also having clothing issues, and if your clothes aren't comfortable when you are trying to run 9 miles, it is going to be a hellish 9 miles. I just wasn't feeling it, so after a few blocks I turned around and came home. I decided to pack my gym bag for the Y, but go to the mall first.

I took my ring to the store, and found out that resizing for me is free! Thank you, 21 year old self, for purchasing the extended lifetime care plan. Yay not having to pay! I was pleased to find out that I was down a whole ring size! The ring was a size 7, but will be a 6 when I get it back. Then I wandered around the mall for awhile and tried on a few dresses. Trying on clothes was not as much fun without mom... so I will wait for next week to shop with her. =)

Then I drove to the Y, planning on running at least 5 or 6 miles (9 miles on a treadmill just didn't sound so great...) and then lifting. I started off great, but by two miles in my body was like "I'm not having any of this today. STOP." So I ran another mile to make it 3.1 even, just because I am stubborn and knew I could do it, even though it was not pleasant. Also, my 5K time today was 38:58, which is to date my fastest 5K time. Yay! I finished out the rest of the hour on the treadmill, but walking, and added a little more than another mile. So I ended up doing 4.15 miles. I'm okay with that. Then I lifted, which was awesome. As challenging as lifting is, it makes me feel so dang good about myself. I always leave feeling stronger. Which is good, since that is the purpose of lifting, after all!

After working out, I went across the street to the store. See, all afternoon I had been craving a burger and fries. Don't know where that came from, but it was a very strong craving. Before working out, I told myself that if I was still craving it after the workout, then I could have it. And sure enough, I was! So I went to King Soopers and picked up some delicious veggie burgers! Then I came home and chopped up a potato, put a little olive oil on it, some spices, and made oven fries! Let me tell you what: I don't think any burger and fries has ever been more delicious. And I feel so much better than I would have had I gone to some fast food place. I will definitely be making this meal again! Next time I will take pictures... but this time I just devoured it.

I just finished watching Dirty Dancing on Hulu, and I'm about to start getting ready for work this weekend. I'm so excited for Easter, and for worship on Sunday morning. I am excited to read my Runner's World, which I got for myself at the store as an unofficial reward, since my ring was free. I am excited for a phone interview on Tuesday (forgot to tell you all that this morning!). And super really a lot excited for my mom getting here on Thursday! I know I am way ahead of myself... but I can't help it! This next week is going to be so awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Congrats on 50 pounds down and Onderland is just around the corner. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete