Monday, April 26, 2010

20 minutes

I have 20 minutes until lights out. With my new job starting next Monday, I no longer have the luxury of sleeping in. I will have to be at work at 8:30, which is kind of when I wake up right now, haha. So as of last night, I am working on training myself to get up early. Lights out is at 10, and the alarm goes off at 6:15. I was really tired today, but I'm hoping that by getting in the habit now, next week won't be so hard.

I have really been struggling a lot these past few days. And not just with exercise and eating.

I've been feeling kind of lonely. Right now, I can handle it, because I have my housemates. But next year, I may be on my own. And if I am, I think I will like it and do well. I'm not really worried about housing. One of my housemates, and my best friend in Denver, is going back to school next year. And I am so excited for her. But it is going to be hard to not have her here, simply as a friend. I don't have a lot of friends here. I am trying to get more involved in church things, but until my schedule is less up in the air, I can't commit to much. For some reason it feels like an incredibly hard thing to do... to find friends.

I was supposed to run 9 miles on Sunday, but only made it 7.5. I was hurting, and to be honest, I also wanted to make it to the bar to watch the Red Wings game. I didn't workout tonight because I slept funny, and my back and shoulder have been killing me all day. Tomorrow is my housemate's birthday, and we are going out as soon as I get off work, so I'm not working out tomorrow either, unless I walk at lunch... actually, that is a possibility. I will probably do that.

My eating has not been great. I'm stressed, which is no excuse, I am just having a hard time remembering that when I am stressed, food does not help anything. I do have other things available besides eating... like reading a book, or writing, or cleaning, or praying.

Sorry this update is all over the place. I am trying to get used to this huge change that is happening this week and next, and I'm not dealing with it well. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. But I'm also overly emotional and anxious. Argh.

Well, it is 9:59, so I better wrap up. I forgot about my clothes giveaway... if you want any of these clothes, leave a comment on that entry. Some are already taken, but the gold shirt, the dresses and the skirt are still up for grabs. Physicallee Fit and Jessie, shoot me an email at everydaygrace.blog@gmail.com with your mailing addresses and I'll get your clothes out to you this week.

Goodnight, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Changes can be intense even when they're awesome. It will take a little time to adjust, but it sounds like you're trying. Don't give up...!

    ReplyDelete