Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A sure fire way to lose weight.

Yes, I have discovered the secret. It is not very fun. In fact, it is kind of painful. Here is what you need to do - come down with either:

A. Food Poisoning
or
B. A stomach virus

You can have all the water, gatorade, and cheerios you want, as long as you can keep them down. Go for it.

Needless to say, I have caught something. While my friends from church assure me that there is a known stomach bug going around the city, I am not convinced that it isn't food poisoning. Because I have had both before... and this feels more like food poisoning. Either way, though... yuck yuck yuck! I even tried going to work today, because I was really hoping that I would start feeling better by the afternoon. No such luck. After two hours, I still felt like crap and had no fewer than three people tell me I looked terrible and pale. So then I gave in and came home.

It was a good decision. I rested as much as I could, watched Fame (thanks, Carter, haha), and then popped in a Firefly disc, but fell asleep halfway through the first episode. Maybe I will finish it tonight. Or maybe I will take a shower and be asleep early, who knows. Right now I am concentrating on drinking lots of fluids (alternating sips of water and low-cal Gatorade, which is surprisingly good!), trying to eat a few Cheerios, and laying in bed. I am really praying that I feel better tomorrow. Not only would it be nice to go to work, it would be nice to try and get in some (albeit, easy) exercise. Plus, it was sooooo nice out today. Really beautiful. It would be nice to hang out outside!

So now that you know all about my stomach problems, here is my PSA for the day. WASH YOUR HANDS!!!! All the time. Whether this is a stomach virus or food poisoning, it probably could have been prevented by either someone else washing their hands, or me washing mine. It could be either, but I am pretty good at washing my hands. You kind of have to be when you work in childcare. Anyway, make sure you are washing your hands, and washing them really well.

Alright, that's it from me tonight. Hope you are all having great weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I always used to think "Man, if I could sick and spend a month in the hospital, I could lose some serious weight."

    You know, another good way to lose weight is to break your jaw. I knew a guy once who was pretty fit and active, and he broke his jaw. Dang, he got even skinnier after that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlin, i am sorry you are so ill. i've been food poisoned only once (so far), and it was not something i want to go through again, so i hate it for you! thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! you are also one of my faves! and thanks so much for the stuff from james!! what a world of great learning there is in that book- i am definitely going to take the ones you showed me and run!

    feel better soon, and keep up the amazing, inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and gotta say wow! You've done an amazing job so far!

    On another note, I hope you start feeling better soon! Sending you well-wishes!

    ReplyDelete