Sunday, March 14, 2010

I am bad at following up, haha.

I promised this picture a week ago, and never got around to getting it off my camera! But now I have! This is my scale in my bedroom, covered with sticky notes of good things I did last week. It is also a picture of books that I have posted on PaperBackSwap (in front of the scale) and other books that I love love love and am keeping in my bookshelf. Oh, and my weights are there, too, obviously. Anyway, I really loved doing this project, and might do it again in the future. It is such a good reminder that even when I slip up, I also have lots of successes every week. Thanks, Tiff!




Here is a picture of my friends Suzanne and Tanya, and myself from Saturday. We went to the St. Patrick's Day parade. We watched for about an hour, but when we realized that the parade was between 3 and 4 hours long, we decided to meet up with some other friends and get lunch instead. It was a good plan. And it was an awesome day! Lots of fun, great weather, great friends.


Today I had a 6 mile run. When I left the house, there were a few random flakes of snow falling, they were very small. This lasted for about half an hour. Then it became a full out snowfall. The snow fell until about 5 minutes after I got home after the full 6 miles. I am not even kidding. It was like it KNEW I was going to be out training, and the weather decided to make it more challenging. Really though, it actually didn't bother me too much. The run was a really good run. The only bad part was trying to keep my glasses free from snowflakes. I ran about 97% of the time, at a steady pace. The only times I slowed down were to walk out stitches in my side. Does anyone have good tips for getting rid of stitches? I only get them during my long runs... but I don't really know why. But anyway, really good run. It was fun, even though by the time I got home, my clothes were completely soaked! Hopefully next week it will be just a little bit warmer. Or at least not snow.

Well, I am going to bed now. DST is throwing me off. It's 11:30 but I am just starting to feel ready to go to sleep. Ack.

5 comments:

  1. When I get side stitches the best thing that works for me is pinching it. It sounds really weird but pinching and poking the spot that hurts makes it go away really quickly. And I'm not just a crazy person, I read that in SELF! :)

    www.ifyouhavetoask.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't even imagine running 6 miles. gah you're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really are the cutest thing! and way to go on the run. that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a great idea to cover your scale in things you have done well that week. definitely inspirational!! instead of having the scale be a dreaded enemy it reminds you of the good you have done! keep up the awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. focus on deep breathing. otherwise try switching the first foot that goes down on your inhale. so if you inhale 2 steps starting on your right, then exhale for 3 and continue inhaling 2 starting on your left, exhaling 2, inhaling 2, etc...

    ps you're looking so great :) you're so gorgeous!! and you're totally going to beat me at the half but whatever :-P it's going to be fun anyway! plus I'll finish first regardless ;) yay EST!!

    ReplyDelete