Sunday, March 28, 2010

8 miles and other things

So today was my 8 miler. I didn't do my 3 yesterday. I took a friend to the airport very early in the morning, and decided it was more important that I nap than run three miles. It was a good decision, haha.

But back to the 8 miles! I was really worried, just because I have only started feeling really, truly better from that stomach thing I had within the last 3 or 4 days. I hadn't done a really intense workout since before that, so I was concerned that I was going to struggle a lot with the 8 miles. Turns out, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was absolutely beautiful today, so that helped a lot, plus I took a water bottle and an energy gel with me. (Powerbar Raspberry, in case you were wondering!) I really think those two things are what got me through so nicely. It was a great run, and I walked a block or two every two or three miles.

I started feeling kind of sore about 6 miles in, but it wasn't terrible. My feet were feeling it, as were my knees and even a little bit in my hips. One of the things that really helped me during my first 1/2 marathon was taking a couple ibuprofen halfway through the race... which would be not too much after 6 miles. So I'm thinking I may take some with me, just in case, when I do 9 miles on Friday. (I have work off Friday, but I'm working Easter weekend, so Friday is my best chance for a long run this week. I'm going to make a playlist and have my own little outdoor Good Friday service, haha!)

So anyway. Got home, iced everything that was sore, and showered. Then I went grocery shopping where I got tons of delicious fruit because it was on sale and looked good. Bananas, strawberries, apples, a pineapple, blackberries. Can't wait to eat it all up. Yum. Then I made whole wheat blueberry pancakes! They seriously hit the spot. I ate them at 3ish... and now it is 8:30 and I'm just starting to get hungry again. I will post the recipe later this week, because they were delicious. Plus, you can use your favorite fruit instead of blueberries if you want!

But for now, I am going to go make myself a light dinner/snack before starting to clean my room. I hope you have all had wonderful Palm Sundays! I know I did.

Come back tomorrow for my official 6-month weigh in!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait for that recipe, Kaitlin! good job on the run. as usual, alls i can say is wow!

    ReplyDelete