Wednesday, February 24, 2010

wrong side of the bed

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Which is hard, considering I sleep in the middle. But something was just off. Granted, I didn't get as much sleep as I should have last night, but that is not usually a problem, and I just power through. I woke up today irritated and grouchy.

Then I went to work, and that only made everything worse. Today was the day from hell at work. Drama central. First, there was this whole thing where a dad of one of the kids in our center came to pick up his kid, but he didn't know that the mom had had a court order placed so that he couldn't pick up the kid until 3pm. (Parents were never really together past getting pregnant, I guess.) Anyway, dad throws a fit in the lobby, and hangs out there for hours. Finally mom comes in, the kid is upset and won't talk to her (age 2, btw). Mom leaves, it gets to be 3, dad finally gets the kid. Whew. Next, a kid in the room next to ours falls and hits her head so hard she gets a concussion. The teachers didn't really do anything until half an hour later she decided she was going to go to sleep. THAT was when they realized she had a concussion. 911 was called, parents showed up pissed off, etc. Thankfully, neither of these things happened in my classroom.

But here is what did. We had FOUR accident reports filled out today. If we have 4 in a week, that is on the high end of average.
1. Kid falls and hits his cheek on the table. He has a bruise, no biggie.
2. Kid falls and hits his head on the hard edge of his cot at naptime. He bites his lip open, blood everywhere.
3. Kid bites another kid.
4. Kid who did the biting is running around later, trips, and whacks his face onto the edge of a shelf. He gets a bruise, bloody nose, and also bites his lip open. MORE blood everywhere.

Then of course, everyone who was injured was in bad moods for the rest of the day. The joys of working in childcare, especially when they are all at an age where walking is still kind of new, and they are still kind of klutzy.

Anyway, I was hoping working out would make me feel better. It actually made me feel nauseous. I did half an hour on the elliptical and came home.

I feel like I just can't win today. So I'm going to make some dinner. (Pasta, ground turkey, pasta sauce, broccoli, maybe a glass of milk.) And have dessert. (A couple bites of yogurt.) Watch some Olympics, shower, and go to bed.

Tomorrow HAS to be better than today was.

6 comments:

  1. Cheer up - it can't get much worse than that. Also, think what it would have been like if it was a full moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about all that! but at least you get a good dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL it sounds like a terrible day but it's one of those days that is so bad it's FUNNY! thank you for sharing :) tomorrow is sure to be amazing for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your having a bum day :(. That's one thing about working with kids that is REALLY stressful (I was a preschool teacher for two years and a nanny now.) Hopefully things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girly! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving that sweet comment! You are doing fantastically (I've been creepin around your blog a bit :) and I'm excited to continue reading about your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your day... I had a wacko day also.... I dunno what was up with me. Today was a bit better. I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award on my blog :o)

    ReplyDelete