Friday, February 5, 2010

TGIF!!! Stats and more!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday! I could not be more happy that it is Friday... even though I have to work all weekend. This week was good as far as exercise went, I went every day. Some days it was only for half an hour, but I put in more than two miles on the treadmill both of those days. Eating was not so great at the beginning of the week, but then I kicked my own butt and got back on plan. I drank a TON of water, too. So that was this week. Now for stats!

Starting Weight: 250.3
Last Week's Weight: 215

This Week's Weight: 211.8 (-3.2)

Holy cow. I was so surprised to see that number, I weighed myself twice! But it is true. I lost 3.2 pounds this week. I only need a pound and a half more to reach 40 pounds lost. (210.3) I can do it this week!

Highlights of the week:

1. Running a 12 minute mile. Yes. Yesterday I was running and was just like eh, what the heck, let's see how far I can get at 5 mph. And I pushed myself, and I made it a whole mile! I slowed down to 4.5 the rest of the run, but the last quarter mile I went back up to 5 mph. I like finishing strong.
2. Signing up for a weight room orientation. I am very proud of myself for doing this, for some reason I am still so intimidated of that room. So now I have someone to show me how to do all the machines, and who will hopefully help me create a lifting plan. I am going to ask all my questions, and if I go too far into personal training territory, I hope she will tell me and then I will sign up for a personal training session. I refuse to not lift weights, especially with training starting in a few weeks.

Hmm I know there was something else I wanted to talk about, but I have no idea what it was. Oh well. Maybe there will be another entry later today, haha. I am now off to have breakfast and get ready for the day. I have to leave early for work today, because on Fridays I go to Starbucks. It's my reward for making it through the week, and if I know for sure I'm getting it on Fridays, I can successfully avoid it the rest of the week! It seems to be a great plan, because it has been working!

Have a great Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. nice work on the running!!! i run a 12-min mile and i'm A-OK with that. be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! thanks for the comment! i love your blog! positive, inspiring, just all-around good!!
    this is so dumb, but until you mentioned plateau, i NEVER thought of that possibly being my problem?!!!! all my life until around the end of last year, all i'd ever been on was a ridiculous crash diet, and *i* didn't plateau. well, self, maybe i'm just human!
    i had my gallbladder out, and i've been freaking out thinking crazy thoughts like, am i ever gonna lose weight again?!
    but the problem is me. more specifically, my thinking. patience is such a virtue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm jealous of your 12-minute mile, but I'm also very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete