Sunday, February 7, 2010

exhausted

I am literally about to drop. In fact, I was at 3:00. In the afternoon. That is how tired I am.

I work one weekend a month, and it is an overnight, all weekend job. (Not the Y.) I am allowed to leave when I have volunteers at the front desk, but usually my only reasons to leave are to go grocery shopping, exercise, or church. I tend to stay at work and do as much as I can.

So I have been working for the last 7 days straight now. 5 more to go until a day off. I have been working a ton these past few weeks at the Y, and this coming week will be no different. One of my co-teachers has jury duty, so I will probably be coming in early all week.

It is not surprising at all that I have a cold. I meant to exercise today, but just couldn't. I could barely manage to stay awake. I hate feeling like this, so here is the plan. Go home. Take a shower. Go directly to bed, do not pass go, do not collect $200.00 or get distracted by our brand spanking new CABLE on TV. (We got it specifically for the Olympics, but honestly, I want to keep it past then. I don't really care about having to pay more, I want TV!!!)

Anyway that is the plan. I apologize for sounding extremely whiny.

To leave this entry on a good note, I had a great time at church today, and I'm really excited that I am getting more involved. I signed up to come in at 6 AM one Saturday in March to do a shift for our concert of prayer. I got on an email list to do monthly service projects around the city. I signed up for a weekly dinner group with other people from church. I hope I can make more friends. I am also really excited for Lent. I am still thinking about what I want to do, but I am leaning towards establishing a specific time for meditation and/or prayer every day. Probably in the evening. Turn the lights off, maybe light a candle, some incense, and just have a time to be silent and let go of the stress of the day. I think I would really benefit from that.

Anywho. I am off now. Only half an hour til I can go home, and a little over an hour until I will be asleep! Glorious!

P.S. I cannot WAIT to hit the gym after work tomorrow! This cold will not stop me!

5 comments:

  1. YAY for lent! i can't wait! it's the most soul-cleansing time of the year for me.
    are you going to alter anything in your diet for lent? i'm gonna do a post on it soon when i get my stuff in order. i need to start looking for a good series of verses to study daily during lent. if you come across anything good, let me know!
    feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. Lack of sleep can really wreak havoc on the body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. :( I'm pretty much guaranteed to get sick when I'm run down, too.

    Hope you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, OH! Those continuous days at work are so exhausting. Hope you have a relaxing fun weekend planned. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete