Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bleh. Do not feel good.

I have to admit something. I have been eating like crap lately. And I hate it. It doesn't make me feel good, or make my body function well. I have been trying to avoid addressing it because my workouts have been so great lately. But I can't anymore. I just don't like the way I feel, physically or mentally. I need to get it under control.

So no more junk. No more eating school food. No more not measuring portions of things I know I should be measuring. It is so easy for me to lie to myself, and I need to get past that habit. Hence the confession.

I love that at any moment, we can start fresh. We don't have to wait for the next morning, or the next Monday, or the next January 1st. Do you have a habit that needs changing? Do it. Do it. Do it now. Because you can, and because you will feel better.

My positive for the day was an awesome 2 mile run on the treadmill after work. I am seriously beginning to love the treadmill, and that is something I never thought I'd say. I finished the run strong at 5mph, (well, the last 1oth of a mile, anyway), and you know what? It was just a little easier than the last time I was at that speed. I'm so excited to see where training is going to take me over the next three/four months.

(Lastly, I am feeling very bloated and crampy. For the obvious female reason, but that doesn't mean I'm not annoyed! Time to double up on my daily water intake.)

3 comments:

  1. Hate that bloated feeling. In my next life I'm coming back as a man. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like there are a lot of us going through the same thing with our eating habits and such. At least we are being conscious of it and addressing our habits. That is a change I can see in myself...I don't lie to myself anymore about what I eat and how much of it goes in my mouth. Keep it up with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... at any moment, we can start fresh..." Yes, we can! You go, girl! :D Deb

    ReplyDelete