Tuesday, January 19, 2010

workout

Oh man did I ever work out.

As soon as work was over, I threw on my workout clothes and headed across the parking lot to the main building of the Y. I started my workout with my traditional 30 minutes on the elliptical. Piece of cake. (No, really, it was... I might have to start upping my resistance and incline.)

After that was done, I sucked it up and dared to enter the weight room. I remembered how to use most of the upper body machines, so I did quite a bit on those. By the time I was done with upper body, the leg and lower body machines were all being used, and I didn't feel like waiting. So I will do legs/lower body tomorrow. Thanks for all your comments, I am glad to know I am not alone! I am very seriously considering having someone walk me through a weight room orientation. Or stepping it up and actually having a personal training session.

Anyway, back to the workout. After I was done lifting, I went back to the cardio room and jumped on my favorite treadmill. I don't know why it is my favorite, they are all the same. But it is. And to my delight, Biggest Loser had JUST started! There is nothing like running to the sound of a very intense Jillian. Best treadmill workout ever. I warmed up at 2.5 mph for about a minute, and then upped it to 4.0 mph. I ran for 30 minutes, and did a couple 5 minute spurts of 4.5 mph. That is a new record for me!!! I would love to have my average mile time down to 12 minutes (5 mph) before the Half Marathon. I've got a couple months to work on it, so I think it is a doable goal.

And that was it! Now I am home, ridiculously sweaty but no longer sweating, tired, and I think a little sore on my left leg, I may have pulled a muscle. Or bruised it. Eh, it's not too bad right now. The rest of my evening will be spent cooking up some chicken, doing laundry, showering, and watching last week's Biggest Loser on Hulu.

Thanks again for all your support and encouragement!!! It is what is going to get me back in that weight room tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time! Im proud of you! Id write more but Im exhausted, I just wanted to let you know that I think youre amazing! Cant wait to catch up to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Go, you! Proud of you for going into the weight room, too. I'm sure the staff would be more than happy to give you a refresher. :)

    ReplyDelete