Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lots o' stuff!

Oatmeal. I have not been known to be a big fan in the past. I would usually much rather have cream of wheat. But at the store yesterday, they were selling the prepackaged, flavored, weight control stuff for less than 2 bucks a box. So I figured I wouldn't lose too much if I didn't like it. But I tried it this morning and it wasn't half bad! I had the brown sugar maple flavor, and I added some raisins to it. It was starting to really congeal towards the end of the bowl, so I think next time I will use a little more water. All in all though, it was pretty tasty. And I feel pretty full right now too, which is good.

Lab results. They were all normal. Sigh. Sometimes I just wish one thing would be abnormal, so that I wouldn't feel so crazy. Ahh well, I am choosing to be happy that I am healthy in that aspect of my life!

Workouts. They have been going really well, actually. I went on Thursday and yesterday after work and got in a couple hour long workouts. I may do my Shred today in a couple hours, but even if I don't, I'm meeting up with my friend Holly for a walk. (And dinner and the movie Up.) I am really starting to look forward to my weigh in next Friday instead of dreading it. I'm also really looking forward to starting training for my Half Marathon. This will be my third, so I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. The best part is that I feel that I am ready to start training. I have been exercising and putting in 4-5 miles a night between the elliptical and treadmill. I figure I need to start training mid-February, so once it gets closer to that date, I will post a training schedule.

Award! I got an award! 100in12 passed on the Beautiful Blogger Award to me! Thanks! So the rules are I have to share 7 things about myself and then pass it on to seven of my fellow bloggers. Here goes!


7 Things, some of which are going to be TMI, so beware:

1. I have recently become obsessed with trapping mice. We have many mice in our house, but none have entered the traps yet. I am going crazy checking the traps as often as I can. Which probably keeps the mice away. But I don't want them to die in there! (They are humane traps.)

2. I adore fantasy books. The vast majority of my books are of the fantasy genre. When I read them, I feel like I am in a different world, and I would usually rather live in the fantasy world than my own. I mean, dragons? Yes, please, I would like one.

3. I have had voluntary, insurance paid for plastic surgery. I had breast reduction surgery a little over two years ago, and to this day, it remains one of the best decisions I have ever made. To not be constantly weighted down, to not be hurting for days after a single workout, is amazing. I no longer have bra lines all over my shoulders, nor do I have a constant backache. Basically, I love my breasts! Hahaha!

4. Some more TMI. I am a happy, proud menstrual cup user. I got a Diva Cup over a year ago, and I have never had better periods than I have since then. No more cramps, leaking, or worrying about my period. No more having to buy (or dispose of) pads and tampons. (I told you this was TMI!) There are other brands besides Diva out there though, so if you get intrigued, be sure to do your research, and check out the LiveJournal Community.

5. I love baking, but cooking always scares me just a little. I am always afraid that I am going to overcook or undercook something, especially when I am cooking meat. I need to get past this though, because my doctor told me to eat more protein and so I have to get comfortable cooking chicken.

6. There is only one thing that I consistently have on me at all times. And that is a hair tie. If I don't have one in my hair, then there is one on my wrist. The only time I don't have one on me is if I am showering. I even sleep with them on my wrist. I am kind of paranoid that I am going to need one and not have it, so I just have them... all the time.

7. Modern art is by far my favorite kind. I took a modern art class in college and it was one of my favorites from all four years. My favorite artist is Jackson Pollack, and I have a print of one of his paintings that I saw when I was in Paris a few years ago.

Whew, that took a long time. Now for the 7 people I am passing this onto.


Enjoy! This is enough of a post for today I think, probably it is more like 3 posts in one. Hope you all have fabulous weekends, especially if they are 3-day weekends!

8 comments:

  1. ok, on the TMI post...I had actually never heard of those! So thanks I guess for educating me a little today! you have funny facts, I love this award and learning this stuff about folks!
    Congrats on the award also, you very much deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a very picky eater, but I love the weight control oatmeal! I prefer the cinnamon flavor to the brown maple sugar. It takes a few tries to figure out the right water amount and cook time for the best consistency but I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Kaitlin! =)

    I would like to have a reduction some day--I dream of going into any store and being able to buy a bra. I have to order them now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a breast reduction too and it was by far one of the best decisions I have ever made! Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site you have here. I came across your site from another site. I have a blog myself which I hope will be a top resource for those looking to find the motivation to lose weight.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible under our "Best Weight Loss Websites" page. Until then, keep up the good work!

    Jason
    4Weight2Lose.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the award!! I am so touched. I'm thrilled that you are doing so well with your workouts. I think I need to steal a page from your book! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In regards to #4 - me too! Isn't it awesome? I find it really hard to tell people that I use a cup, though, even if it comes up in those "girly" conversations. I'm generally sure that most reactions around here in suburbia would be along the "ew" spectrum...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i eat quaker weight control oatmeal almost every morning. i cook it with water, then add skim milk to it to thin in out a bit when it's out of the microwave. then, i cut up half a banana in it (or eat half an apple with it) and drink the rest of the cup of skim milk. so good, and about 295 calories!

    ReplyDelete