Lab results. They were all normal. Sigh. Sometimes I just wish one thing would be abnormal, so that I wouldn't feel so crazy. Ahh well, I am choosing to be happy that I am healthy in that aspect of my life!
Workouts. They have been going really well, actually. I went on Thursday and yesterday after work and got in a couple hour long workouts. I may do my Shred today in a couple hours, but even if I don't, I'm meeting up with my friend Holly for a walk. (And dinner and the movie Up.) I am really starting to look forward to my weigh in next Friday instead of dreading it. I'm also really looking forward to starting training for my Half Marathon. This will be my third, so I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. The best part is that I feel that I am ready to start training. I have been exercising and putting in 4-5 miles a night between the elliptical and treadmill. I figure I need to start training mid-February, so once it gets closer to that date, I will post a training schedule.
Award! I got an award! 100in12 passed on the Beautiful Blogger Award to me! Thanks! So the rules are I have to share 7 things about myself and then pass it on to seven of my fellow bloggers. Here goes!
7 Things, some of which are going to be TMI, so beware:
1. I have recently become obsessed with trapping mice. We have many mice in our house, but none have entered the traps yet. I am going crazy checking the traps as often as I can. Which probably keeps the mice away. But I don't want them to die in there! (They are humane traps.)
2. I adore fantasy books. The vast majority of my books are of the fantasy genre. When I read them, I feel like I am in a different world, and I would usually rather live in the fantasy world than my own. I mean, dragons? Yes, please, I would like one.
3. I have had voluntary, insurance paid for plastic surgery. I had breast reduction surgery a little over two years ago, and to this day, it remains one of the best decisions I have ever made. To not be constantly weighted down, to not be hurting for days after a single workout, is amazing. I no longer have bra lines all over my shoulders, nor do I have a constant backache. Basically, I love my breasts! Hahaha!
4. Some more TMI. I am a happy, proud menstrual cup user. I got a Diva Cup over a year ago, and I have never had better periods than I have since then. No more cramps, leaking, or worrying about my period. No more having to buy (or dispose of) pads and tampons. (I told you this was TMI!) There are other brands besides Diva out there though, so if you get intrigued, be sure to do your research, and check out the LiveJournal Community.
5. I love baking, but cooking always scares me just a little. I am always afraid that I am going to overcook or undercook something, especially when I am cooking meat. I need to get past this though, because my doctor told me to eat more protein and so I have to get comfortable cooking chicken.
6. There is only one thing that I consistently have on me at all times. And that is a hair tie. If I don't have one in my hair, then there is one on my wrist. The only time I don't have one on me is if I am showering. I even sleep with them on my wrist. I am kind of paranoid that I am going to need one and not have it, so I just have them... all the time.
7. Modern art is by far my favorite kind. I took a modern art class in college and it was one of my favorites from all four years. My favorite artist is Jackson Pollack, and I have a print of one of his paintings that I saw when I was in Paris a few years ago.
Whew, that took a long time. Now for the 7 people I am passing this onto.
4. jo at 282.5
Enjoy! This is enough of a post for today I think, probably it is more like 3 posts in one. Hope you all have fabulous weekends, especially if they are 3-day weekends!