Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have a confession...

I am intimidated by the weight room at the Y. I really want to start doing the machines in there, but so far I have not been able to talk myself into it. I just stay in the room with the treadmills and ellipticals, where it is safe. The weight room is right by the front door of the Y, and has totally glass walls. Maybe that is why I don't like it.

But I am going to go in there tonight. And do some weights.

And for now I am going to make some oatmeal and maybe an egg for some protein. Yay for breakfast.

6 comments:

  1. you can do it... once you start you wont want to stop....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you ask a staff member to walk you through things? That might make your first experience a little less intimidating. It is hard to do something new for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Step outside of your comfort zone! You won't regret it!! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intimidated by the weight room too. Cardio is my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel...i walked through one the other day at the gym when I was trying it out and just felt lost! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding? I'm intimidated by the Y period! I keep saying that I'm going to get a membership and just haven't mustered up the nerve to do it. Good for you that you're not only working the cardio, but that you'fe gearing up for the wieght room, too! Deb

    ReplyDelete