Monday, January 11, 2010

good news

I have a doctors appointment for Thursday! I really, and do I ever mean really, need to get my depression meds adjusted. I have for a month or two probably, but since I didn't have insurance last month I couldn't go in until January. And now I have an appointment!!!

I think a lot of my slump has to do with my meds being off and not working as well as they used to. I am physically exhausted all the time these days and my brain just isn't in the game either. So here's hoping I can try something new, because the last thing I want to do is up my Prozac. I am at 20mg right now, and I have read that any more than that can make you gain weight. Noooo thank you. I'm planning on asking about Wellbutrin, as I've heard good things about it. We'll see if it might work for me.

I'm also kind of wondering if I don't have some weird food allergy. I've been freaking myself out reading things about wheat/gluten allergies, but really, it could be anything. I get hives at least once a day usually, and just lots of digestive type cramps and unpleasantness. Hopefully the doctor will have ideas about this too.

I can't wait until Thursday. Yay going to the doctor!!!

3 comments:

  1. COngrats on getting the drs appt, I know what it can be like having to WAIT for an opening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything gets worked out for you with your meds and such. It's such a pain to feel tired all the time, especially when you are trying so hard to be healthy! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your medication adjustment. I have talked to a lot of people that do well on Welbutrin. Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete