Saturday, January 30, 2010

Farmers Market

I went to the Farmers Market this morning. It wasn't very big, but it was still so awesome. I tried lots of free samples, my favorite being a goat cheese. I got a lot of stuff, some of which is kind of high in calories but so dang rich you wouldn't want to eat more than half a serving anyway.

Like all natural raspberry yogurt. It is practically cheese. 140 calories for 4 ounces, but I had a couple bites and I was done. Delicious. Will last me a few days, at least. So, so rich.

I also got a giant pretzel, which I have eaten maybe 1/5 of. The rest is in the cupboard waiting.

I got a loaf of Asiago-Basil bread, which I had my housemate cut up and leave on the counter. So that one I will get lots of help eating. It will be gone by tomorrow, haha.

Then I got homemade 4 cheese and spinach ravioli. It is frozen though, and all mine!!! Probably will not share that one. I believe that one is 260 calories for four ravioli. So if I made that with some grilled chicken and a little bit of marinara sauce, that will be a pretty decent dinner. Maybe also with some veggies. Can't wait.

The rest of the day today I will probably spend cleaning my room and doing laundry, because I didn't finish last weekend and I have had no time. It is beautiful out, so I may open my window for a little while and let some fresh air in.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE the farmers market! Everything is just so fresh and delicious and good, and you just can't beat the produce there. Like all of the veggies are bright, and everything is waaaayy big and waaaaay flavorful. As a self-professed cook, the farmers market can make me happy on any day :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at Asiago bread.... bagels are my weakness.....yum! Farmers Markets rock! We used to have a French one on the Market where I lived in England and their cheeses, casseroles etc were to die for, so rich, creamy, buttery, yummy....ok,I'll stop now!
    PS congrats on the loss :) I saw you're doing amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete