Sunday, December 27, 2009

Stats for the end of the year

Starting Weight: 250.3
Last Week's Weight: 221.6

This Week's Weight: 223.2

So plus 1.6 pounds. I am not happy with that, but I know what I did. I ate a lot of food at home and didn't exercise. I also came down with a cold, but I don't think that is a good justification, haha.

That gives me an overall December gain. Of .4 pounds. It could be a lot worse.

Every day I am realizing more and more that this whole process of losing weight and getting healthy is for life. It's going to take me awhile. I'm okay with that. And to tell the truth, I am really excited to get back into the gym tomorrow night. Unless I am seriously dying from this cold, I will be there. I can't wait.

My friend Kate and I went outlet shopping yesterday and I got a new pair of jeans at Old Navy for $15 bucks. They are a size 16. Did they look good? Oh no. Could I get them buttoned? Yeppers!!! I would consider that a small victory right there.

I do not suggest this strategy unless you are completely dedicated to losing weight beforehand. It will probably not work to kick start a diet if you go and buy your pants too small. You would probably just waste money. But I know that I am in this for good. I did it with my last pair too, my 18s. They were tight when I got them, and now they fit perfectly. I know that perfect fitting 16s are not too far in my future. =)

I am ready for the new year, and for the new challenge of training for my half marathon in May.

I'm excited.


4 comments:

  1. I went into the holiday season with unrealistic expectations. It really is a tough time to try to lose weight. The tempting foods and drinks are bad enough, but it's the hectic schedules that tend to do the most damage (at least to me). I never felt like I was in a good groove like during other times of the year.

    Anyway, they're all but behind us now, and 2010 is shaping up to be a good year for shaping up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlin, you rock. I love the Jean idea, I might just try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I went into the same thing last week! I got a size 12, that I could button, but am not daring to wear out of the house until I cease to have a muffin top! And I'm really proud of you! A holiday gain of .4 lbs is a victory in my book! Way to go, and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am a new reader...
    I know what you mean...I got a pair of 16's on there for a week or so (before the christmas binge). I could get them done up, but they were very uncomfortable---I loved how my legs looked in them though---it was the waist that went like a muffin top. argh. Anyway, I know I am not that far off from wearing them comfortably, so it is motivating!

    ReplyDelete