Saturday, December 5, 2009

so hungry.

I am working away from home this weekend. And there was supposed to be a volunteer group tonight cooking dinner, but they didn't show up. There are some things in the pantries that I could go eat... canned soup and whatnot. But it just doesn't sound appetizing. I have to stay here all night. I can't leave.

And I am so freaking hungry. I have spent the last hour surfing the web for restaurants in the area that won't make me order $15 of food to deliver it to me. And that also have fairly healthy food. So far, I have come up with nothing. Not even Jimmy John's delivers to me. SAD FACE.

Part of me desperately wants to call the closest Chinese restaurant and order crab cheese wontons and some sweet and sour chicken. This same part would also be happy with a sausage pizza. But there is a new part of me now. And it's telling me that these aren't really the best choices for my body. I am so hungry that I am in danger of severely maiming this new part. It's not that I think these foods are bad, or that if I really wanted them, I couldn't indulge appropriately. It's just that I want to be healthy, and right now, I don't think I could face myself if I let myself order this food. I AM SO HUNGRY WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!?!?!?!

Why am I so hungry, you ask? Well, first, I didn't eat lunch. I didn't mean to not each lunch, time just got away from me. Then...

I went for a 3.5 mile run today and it was awweessommmeeee. I think I have finally gotten my exercise back on track. I am hoping I can go out tomorrow again, too. I need to build up my weekly milage a bit before starting training for my half marathon in May. I probably won't start training for that until February, though, so I have awhile to build up my endurance.

Okay, I am done complaining. If you have any ideas for me, let me know. If you know a number I can call for a Lean Cuisine Lasagna delivery service, that would be even better.

5 comments:

  1. Jimmy Johns aint always the best option either! (at least my fav isn't) And nothing Chinese that is even a little healthy? (I dont really eat Chinese, I know...weird!)
    Is there a pizza place that also has salad and some healthy option pizza's?
    That way you eat up on salad first...
    Erm...... maybe even a pasta option? oh heck is there anything else that delivers? And no one around that can make a run for you?
    Or you might end up having to talk yourself into the soup after all...
    Hey and great job on that run, wow! I'm thinking of starting that couch to 5K come January...that's if the Y does the free registration thingie again and if my personal
    pricing is something I can afford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I ended up getting pasta from Domino's. Definitely not the best option, but the best one I could find at my level of insane hunger. It was pasta with marinara sauce, sausage, and I told them to go light on the cheese, which they did. It also came in a bread bowl. I ate maybe a third of it, fairly slowly, and stopped when I was full, which is often hard for me. Then I put the rest in the fridge. I will probably eat the pasta/sausage for breakfast tomorrow and then throw out the bread bowl. The bread wasn't even that good... if I'm gonna do a bread bowl, I'm going to get a sourdough bread bowl from Panera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ran 3.5 miles? Girl you earned that pasta and you probably burnt some of it off already. Dont sweat it, get right back up and go running tomorrow, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always starving after an intense workout. When I have to pick up something quick I like to do a small chili and plain baked potato from Wendys. I dump the chili on top of the potato and call it a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - That is my favorite!!! I looove a baked potato and chili from Wendy's. That is definitely what I would have gotten if I had been allowed to leave work, but alas I was not.

    ReplyDelete