Monday, December 14, 2009

Sad day.

I can't wear my favorite ring anymore. It was getting to be so annoying, sliding around my finger all the time. I had to dig through my jewelry collection and finally found a gold colored one with green stone that fits better. It will probably turn my finger green in a day or two. I wish I could wear my high school class ring, but even that is big now.

I bought my usual ring when I was 21. It is white and pink gold with three little diamonds on it. I guess I'm going to need to have it resized... the question is, how long should I wait to do that? I mean, I am not even a third of the way done with this process. If I get it done now, I might have to have it done again somewhere down the road. Have any of you had this problem? I'm really bummed, I love that ring.

5 comments:

  1. Well how much is it to resize a ring I wonder? Maybe if it it is not too much it might be worth it to get it done twice? I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make resizing a reward for a weight-loss milestone. That'll make it even more special when you can wear it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're sad because there is tangible evidence that you're losing weight? I should have such a sad day. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. they also sell like stuff you can put inside your ring to make it smaller prior to re-sizing it. I had to put my first wedding engagement ring away cos it kept falling off and I'd rather not wear it then lose it. And hey, not sad but yay to losing the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. resize!! I had the same experience and while it ended up being costly to resize---I saved and did it anyway.

    ReplyDelete