Saturday, December 12, 2009

A rather successful day...

if I do say so myself. First I laid in bed all morning catching up on Parks and Rec. If you want to have a good laugh, watch this show. So extremely funny.

Then I got my act together around noon. I made shopping lists, packed a gym bag, and forgot to eat lunch!

The first thing I did after leaving the house was to go Christmas shopping. I am pleased to say that I got it all done! Except of course, for the few things I still have to buy online, but I have a couple days to do that still. Once Christmas shopping was over, I went to Target and bought important things such as hamster food, and stuff to spray on the windows of my car that melt frost.

After all my shopping was done, I went to work out at the Y. By this time I was getting pretty hungry! I did a mile on the treadmill, and then did half an hour on the elliptical. All in all, it was a solid 45 minute workout, and I did three miles between the two machines.

Then I went across the street. I got all of our fruits and veggies at Sunflower Market, and then moved on to King Soopers for the rest of the groceries. I bought a Naked smoothie before I started shopping though, and drank it while I filled my cart with bread, Nutella, peanut butter, and cereal, the staples in our house. Of course there was other food too, but none as important as those things.

I finally made it home about five hours after I first departed. My housemate got there as I was putting groceries away and we ended up making dinner together. We made the last of my freezer burned chicken breasts, but it turns out that soaking them in Roasted Red Pepper salad dressing helps. We also made some broccoli, and a pan of oven fries consisting of one regular potato, and one sweet potato. Let me just say YUM. Great meal all around.

And since then, I've just been sitting around watching Parks and Rec and working on my list of things to pack for when I go home next Saturday for Christmas. Tomorrow holds a lot of room cleaning and laundry, and we all know how much I hate laundry. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a verrrry productive day. I'm a little tired just reading about everything you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and THEN you talked to your bestie!! can't imagine a better day ;) especially a day that includes NUTELLA!!

    ReplyDelete