Today I woke up on time... if I was still in Colorado. But since I was in Michigan, it was actually 10 AM. This didn't matter much though. My mom and I made meal plans for the rest of the week and then watched a variety of shows on TV. Now, I don't have TV. We have a TV, but we don't get cable and we don't (yet) have a digital converter box. I'm working on it. Mostly because I'm sick of watching Biggest Loser a week late all the time!
My mom, bless her heart, told me yesterday it was her goal to get me back to Colorado with a loss. She is being so great about getting me healthy foods and being supportive. She even figured out how many calories were in a cup of our favorite family Party Mix recipe. Seriously, how great of a mom is she!?!?! I feel so blessed that she is mine.
The rest of the week includes helping to finish up some Christmas shopping and hanging out with my girls. I pretty much have no other plans besides the obvious Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plans. I am still trying to figure in exercise... I think my plan right now is to go for a walk tomorrow in our neighborhood.
Now, onto the other order of business!
Nicole over at LosingThe40 gave me this award! Now I have two! This one is pretty fun, too. The rules are to list ten things that make me happy and five blogs that make me happy and pass this along to them. How can this not be fun!?!
10 things that make me happy (in no particular order):
- Finishing a really hard workout. I love feeling completely exhausted, like jelly. It is so awesome to know that I worked hard and don't have to go back until the next day, haha.
- My family. They are fun, loving, supportive, and smart. I love every one of them.
- My dwarf hamster, Trick. Even though he tries to bite me once in awhile, he is just so dang cute and has so much energy. He is always doing something that makes me smile.
- Reading books. Wow do I love reading a good book. Fantasy books in particular.
- Flannel sheets. There is just something so comforting about super soft sheets.
- Mountains. One of the many reasons I adore living in Colorado. I could look at the mountains every single day and never get tired of it. They are so beautiful and majestic.
- Reality TV. Survivor, Biggest Loser, Diet Tribe, Project Runway. Etc.
- Incense. If my room smells awesome, I am happy.
- Shopping. Even if I'm only going to the grocery store, I love it. I go nearly every week for my house, and then I go at least once a week to buy myself supplemental groceries. I also enjoy shopping for clothes. I see going to the store as a giant treasure hunt. Love it.
- Penguins. I love penguins.
5 blogs that make me happy:
- Kate @ Shorter Thoughts, Big Ideas. Kate is my real life BFF, and I love her updates. Longer than a Twitter update, but not so long that it takes an hour to read them. And plenty of useful information and food for thought!
- Sheridan @ Real Me Breaking Free. I love Sheridan's honesty and commitment to health. She is doing awesomely, and is just one of my inspirations!
- Taylorvillegirl @ Girly Bitz. Her entries just crack me up. Real life, great writing. I am kind of addicted now.
- Lindsay @ Lindsay: Under Construction. Lindsay is so dedicated, and I love her positive attitude. Her entries really do make me happy!
- Evil Cake Genius @ Gateaux's Cake Log. If I'm not eating cake, at least I can look at beautiful pictures of it, right?
So that is it for tonight. I am still feeling kind of jet lagged, but needed to stay up in order to watch my Netflix DVD so I can send it back tomorrow. Luckily it's Jars of Clay in concert, so I can listen just as well and not need to see. Goodnight, friends!