Tuesday, December 8, 2009

If you had one shot.

The title has nothing to do with this entry, other than the fact that I have been listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem a lot since we listened to it in church on Sunday.

I worked out for the second time this week! Wahoo! Like I said in my previous entry, I did about 3.5 miles in the park. Today I went to the gym after work. And found a present!!!

Well, really, a present for everyone in the Y. We got new exercise equipment today! Like, seriously tricked out. Every machine has it's own TV screen, and you can plug your headphones into the machine and watch whatever you want. They also have iPod docks. And built in fans. NICE. There was a great big sign saying "Merry Fitness!" in the spot where the elliptical machines go, explaining that they would be in tomorrow morning. Dang it. The elliptical is my favorite.

Instead, I snagged myself a treadmill. Now, I am not a fan of treadmills in general. I am part of the population that would rather refer to them as "dreadmills." But this treadmill... this treadmill was heaven. It even had a button for "5K" so it primarily tracked your distance instead of (well, really in addition to) your time. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I really enjoyed running on the treadmill. Not only was it hooked up media wise, it was sturdy. Being a 220-odd pound woman, running on a treadmill would normally mean a lot of extra noise and the whole thing shaking with every step, like I was running through an earthquake or something. But this one was great. Hardly any shaking at all and I listened to my iPod through the treadmill. I can't wait to try the new elliptical machines, probably on Thursday or Friday (I have a new class starting tomorrow).

Anyway, I did 5K on the treadmill, tried a bike, hated it, and left. I'll stick to the treadmills and ellipticals. I am still working up the courage to try the stair machine. I would be the tallest person in the gym! There are actual rotating stairs, like a treadmill, but stairs! I had never seen this before! (Well, other than escalators.)

Okay, that's it for this update. Hope you all are staying warm, it is VERY COLD here where I live. But it is probably still not as cold as Minnesota in February.

2 comments:

  1. I love the elipticals! And hate the treadmills. I hate the feeling of everything bouncing around as I jog, in addition to the fact I have a tendency to twist my ankles while on those death machines! But it's great that you enjoyed your workout.

    I also have those stair machines at my gym, but have so far been unable to work up the courage to use it. I feel like I'll only be able to clmb stairs for 5 minutes or so before I give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ellipticals make me dizzy and I can't seem to figure out what to do with my hands, treadmills with the TV's are awesome, keep forgetting my earphones tho...Good on the workout! :)

    ReplyDelete