Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve!

Today has been a long day. First I woke up at 7 so that I could shower. Showered, dried my hair, straightened it, hair products, moisturized. It's quite the process, let me tell you what. But then I looked/smelled/felt good. My friend Sara picked me up a little after 8, and the two of us picked up our friend Ang. Then we went to a delicious little French diner in Detroit for breakfast. I had hot chocolate, which was served in this big bowl, of all crazy things. I only had about half, it was soooo delicious and rich. For breakfast I had a crepe with ham, brie, and raspberry jam. Absolutely heavenly. It sounds like a weird combination, but oh my goodness was it amazing.

Then I came home and made premade cookies that will be eaten for dessert tomorrow night and then sent with my brother on his trip to Florida. This consisted of putting the premade lumps of cookies on a tray, putting some M&Ms on top, and baking. Easy.

Next on the agenda was manicures for my mom and I. LOVE LOVE LOVE. What a great time. I have never had such a wonderful manicure. We were at an Aveda salon, so it was also massage and such. Fun fun fun, and so relaxing. I love the color I picked, it's called Dusk Over Cairo. It's pink with a little bit of orange. Very pretty. And we got to keep our nail polish bottles, so I have lots more with which to redo my nails when these ones get chipped.

We came home after that and I played around online, wrapped all my Christmas presents, and helped get dinner started. It has been a very productive day. I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve tomorrow and of course Christmas Day. I hope you are all doing well this holiday season!!!

4 comments:

  1. Manicures=heaven. And how nice that you got to keep the bottles! Is Dusk over Cairo an OPI color? I've heard of it before, and I am an OPI addict so maybe that's why! Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is OPI! I tried to link to their website, but it wouldn't work. Then I discovered I could link to Amazon, but I had already posted and was too lazy to go back and change it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing vacation so far! Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderfully decadent morning! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
    BODA weight loss

    ReplyDelete