Saturday, November 7, 2009

What is it about weekends?

I don't know what it is about weekends, but for the past month or so, they make me really want to binge. Is it the fact that I am not as busy as I am during the week? Am I more bored? Am I more lonely? Do I think that since it's the weekend that I should be allowed to kick back and be more lax?

I think this last one is one of my key issues. I feel like I should be able to relax and do (eat) whatever I want on the weekends. That kind of thinking is just frustrating and wrong.

I'm not following a terribly restrictive eating plan. If I want some chocolate, I budget for it and have it. If I eat a piece of pizza, I don't need to feel guilty if I'm also having some veggies and a piece of fruit. I do try and keep my calories to about 1,500-1,600 a day. Sometimes I go a little over, but most days, I do really well staying in that range. I am not hungry all the time. (You can eat a LOT of healthy food for that many calories!!!)

But it is so hard to deal with these cravings which I do not want around anymore. I know that food is not the enemy.

However, I also know that food is not my friend. Food will not give me a hug if I'm having a bad day. Food cannot hang out with me and listen to me. Food will not offer constructive alternatives to problems in my life.

GO AWAY, CRAVINGS. You are NOT WELCOME here anymore.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I got my 30-Day Shred DVD in the mail yesterday. I did it for the first time this morning. Oh boy. I couldn't even do the whole first workout all the way through. I think I did pretty well for my first time though. I can already tell this will be a great complement to walking. My muscles feel a little tired now, but I bet they will be even more sore when I wake up in the morning. And lucky me, I get to do the whole thing again tomorrow! By the way, jumping jacks? Really hard!!!!! I am going to stick with the first workout until I can at least get all the way through it, which might take a few weeks. I can definitely see myself sticking with this DVD, as I loved the fact that it was only 20 minutes. And I was still sweating 15 minutes after I had finished it, haha. My goal for tonight/tomorrow is to get out and get some hand weights that I can use instead of canned peach pie filling...

1 comment:

  1. I have to get that DVD--everyone is talking about it. But my usual metnod for TV or DVD exercise is to get it all set up, get into comfy clothes and then sit on the couch and watch it. Just sit. Sometimes I add a grimace and groan. Sigh. You guys are inspiring me, tho!

    And, by the way, I have those day-specific urge-to-binge cravings, too. Mine come the evening of and day following my weigh-in. I think it's the same kick-back, I deserve a break feeling you're having at w/end time.

    When will I realize that making healthy choices IS giving myself a break? Making good choices for my health is a good thing! I'll just keep saying that til the little girl in me believes it...

    :) Deb

    ReplyDelete