Sunday, November 22, 2009

Running and other stuff.

I went running on my usual walking path today. I ran about 3 miles. It felt so good. And by felt so good, I mean it kind of hurt and was really hard!!! But I'm really happy I did it. I don't have any races lined up for the rest of this year - no turkey trot or Christmas race or anything like that.

However, last night at my friend Kiri's birthday party, she asked if I was planning on doing the Colfax Half Marathon again this year. We both did it last May along with a handful of other friends. For me at least, it was terrible. I had a really hard time finishing, and only finished about 15 minutes short of the cut off time. I was hurting really badly by 7 miles into it, and it took all that was in me to get to the finish. I want another go at it. So I told Kiri yes. She said she wanted to as well. Now, the nice thing about the Colfax Marathon/Half Marathon is that if you register early (before January 15th) you can register a friend for free. So Kiri is going to register herself for $50, then I will get the friend for free code, and register myself, and cut Kiri a check for $25 bucks. You simply cannot beat a $25 half marathon. That is a fantastically awesome deal. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it, and I know that this year will be much better than how last year turned out.

Also at Kiri's party last night I got a nice handful of compliments on how good I looked and that everyone liked my bangs. So that was just really nice to hear, and a great confidence booster. It's funny about my bangs... they really do make me feel great about myself. Every time I look in a mirror or catch my reflection in a pane of glass, I feel happy, beautiful, powerful, confident. It is truly amazing what a great haircut can do.

And now for something completely different: Do you take vitamins? My mom suggested taking B Complex, and I just started and I loooooove it! I checked with the pharmacist at Target to make sure it was okay to take it with my prescriptions, she said it was fine. Even only taking it twice so far, I have a little more energy. The bottle says "Helps convert food into energy." Which can only be a good thing. There is also some Vitamin C in the ones that I bought, so I am sure that is good to get a little extra of as well. Anyway, do you take B Complex? Do you take other vitamins? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. great about the marathon and good luck! but like you said, you already feel so much better!
    As for the vitamins, yes I take some...gummie kids ones, two a day...everything else makes me super nauseous and headachy, but if I tkae nothing, my doctor is on me like that! So it's definately a wise decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck on the marathon!! You have some time to prepare and improve over last years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I take B, C, and D3 drops. The d3 drops have saved my life. I was sick all the time for two years until I started taking them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with the marathon! That's awesome. :)

    I take a B100 complex; I'm not sure I notice a huge difference, but I'm scared to stop in case it IS helping... lol I also take a multi vitamin, calcium (hate milk), and started taking Vitamin D last week.

    ReplyDelete