Sunday, November 29, 2009

One of these days.

If there is anything that I would love to do more than anything else in the world, it would be to make a living as an author. But dang if I can't finish a story for the life of me.

By my current count, I am working on four different stories. They are all at different stages of development. One is a little less than half done, two have less than 10,000 words, and one is just an outline. But they are all great stories. I'm thinking I may need to get a journal just to write down ideas in, so I can save them for later. I wish I had thought of the story that I just started yesterday back in October. It would have been so much easier to write than the one I originally tried to do. Ah well. I'm loving the story that I thought of yesterday, though. It came to me when I was on my walk, and I spent the whole next hour just walking and working it out in my head. The time went so fast.

But one of these days, I have got to finish a story. I am never going to get published if I can't have a finished product ready to send out for rejection. =)

In other news, my new friend Sheridan gave me an award! I have never gotten one of these before, so how exciting!


Here is what I am supposed to post:

The Rules & Regulations are as follows:
Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the award on to five most deserving bloggers.
Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom s/he has received the award. I got this award from
Sheridan.
Thanks, girl! =)
Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his/her blog, and link to The Scholastic Scribe, which explains the award.
Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit
this post and add his/her name to the Mr Linky List. That way, they'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.

So, with no further ado, here is my list of the 5 people I am passing this on to:

Monica at Confessions of a + Sized Girl. Because you are simply amazing.
Deb at Deb Will Be Thin. For your kind comments and support.
Stages of Change. I know I don't really comment on your blog, and I should. Your entries are real, honest, and challenge me. Ever since you left me my first comment, I have been a fan. I am inspired by your determination.
Izzybee at A Single Step - as easy as 123. Because you are my favorite newest friend on here. =) (Besides Sheridan, but she gave this to me, so I can't give it back, haha!)
Sarah at A bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils. Simply because I enjoy your updates and can always find something to relate to.

So there you go. If you don't want to do it, I don't blame you, this took forever! Hahaha. Anyway, it's just nice to be able to recognize you all.

I hope you all had great weekends. Back to the old grind tomorrow morning. I better go get some writing done!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards and good luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, it does take a while huh! LOL
    I didn't know what I got into either, but just getting it put a big :) on my face!
    And you deserve it! Now go write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kaitlin! Thank you so much for the award! I am so excited! I was able to figure out how to comply with all of the rules and had the pleasure of passing awards on to five others. What fun!

    I thought I posted a comment to you earlier, but it seems to have disappeared--so if you already got a thank you from me, just consider yourself thanked twice!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, do you write as a hobby, any tips? Good luck with the weight loss! All about focus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey check our blog out. Get involved in something fun.

    ReplyDelete