Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I miss walking. (And other various thoughts.)

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred since Saturday. I love it. I can feel the changes that are happening and I'm very slowly being able to do a few more jumping jacks, or a few more butt kicks, or a few more lunges/bicep curls. It feels amazing, and I am reminded of this throughout the day when I move around and can feel the ache in my muscles.

But I haven't walked since I started 30DS. And I really miss it! So I'm trying to figure out how to work it back into my routine. I don't want to skip days of the Shred, at least until I have done it everyday for a whole month. I like doing it every day. But I don't have the time to do both the Shred and go for an hour long walk. I'm thinking that my best bet would be to do the Shred, and then go out for a 1/2 hour walk, and do a longer walk on the weekends. I'm also thinking about starting up running again. Perhaps I will work that in too.

I don't think I have ever been this obsessed with exercise! But I can't get enough of it now. Despite how hard it is, and how much I sweat, as soon as I'm finished with the Shred every morning I start looking forward to the next morning. I just feel so good about myself.

NSV - The other day I needed to get my clothes out of the dryer. I didn't want to put my sweaty workout clothes back on, so I grabbed a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt and threw them on. Now, I have had these shorts for awhile but I have worn them maybe once, because while I could get them on, I often felt like they were trying to squeeze me in half. Very uncomfortable. But now, they are perfect! Not exactly flattering, but they fit! I slept in them last night, and then just changed my shirt to work out this morning. I have not worked out in shorts in, well, a long long time. So that was just really fun.

I started a food journal yesterday. I don't know what made me think of it, other than the fact that I will try to justify calories to myself, even when I don't know exactly how many I have already eaten. So now I am writing everything down, and keeping track of my calories. For example, here is my breakfast for today:

1 Cup Cheerios with 1/2 Cup skim milk: 140
1/2 banana: 60
scrambled egg + extra egg white: 101
TOTAL: 301

That was a delicious breakfast, by the way. I highly recommend it.

I think that was most of what I wanted to post on. I do have one more big post coming up, but I need some time to get the right words for it. It is about what we talked about in depression class last night, that I think will really help in this process of losing weight as well. So look for that tonight or tomorrow! Happy Tuesday! (At least it's not Monday anymore! Hahaha.)

3 comments:

  1. Food journals can be a girl's best friend :) I don't know what I would do without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new, so I'm not sure about your life (i.e. kids, work, etc), but would it be possible to go for a walk during a lunch break? It's something I keep thinking about doing, but the weather has been SO awful lately that I keep wussing out (sitting soaked at my desk for the 4.5 hours until I go home just isn't as appealing as the walk... lol).

    Congrats on the NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Im stealing your old background right? :)~

    Also~If I lose 50 pounds or something, much thanks will be to you because not only have you inspired me to add WALKING into my life but now the 30 day shred as well! I figured this is my last time to get it done before the new year :)

    Food journals are awesome! You are on your way, girl :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete