Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I love Jillian.

Seriously. I wish I could just have her around all the time.

On a similar note, The Biggest Loser makes me cry every freaking week. Especially this week, when Abby went home. Sad day, but dang, she looked good when they caught up with her! Reminder, don't tell me anything about the one that was on last night - Hulu is a week behind, so I don't see last night's episode until Monday.

Back to Jillian... I am listening to an old podcast of hers... very interesting! I also ordered a used copy of her 30 Day Shred DVD. I'm super pumped to get it. I can't deny the appeal of getting in a workout in only 20 minutes or so.

This week has been a little insane for me. Both Monday and Tuesday I got 6 AM calls asking me to come to work at 8:30 instead of 11. I did, both days, so I had really long work days.

I am learning a lot from my depression class. This is a class that meets once a week and we talk about depression, how it affects us, how we manage day to day, etc. It's a nice support to have, and I like the teacher and the other two people in the class. It's a small group, and that is a lot easier for me to feel comfortable talking with.

I am plugging along on my novel for NaNoWriMo. I am slightly behind on word count, but I will catch up this weekend, for sure.

This week hasn't been great. Like I said, I binged over the weekend, and some of that bled over into the week as well. It has been getting progressively better every day though. I am getting back on track slowly but surely. In the long run, one week isn't going to kill me. I have no illusions that I'm going to have a loss this week on the scale. Heck, I would actually be surprised if I did - I will not be surprised if I stay the same, or even gain. We'll see. I'm not going to stress about it. This is a process, not a quick fix. A bad week will not screw me over for years to come, unless I repeat the bad week every week for years. Which I'm sure as heck not going to do.

Well, I think that's all I have for tonight. If you notice I'm not posting as much this month, it's because in addition to all the other stuff I do, I'm writing a novel. =)

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know:
    1) Youve inspired ME to go walking! I love it and I have missed it! Yesterday I went walking for 30 minutes but today it was for 65 and up a big hill, too! So T H A N K Y O U!

    2) Ohhhh shit. 30 Day Shred. You will feel every minute of that workout. Its awesome if you stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian Michaels is amazing. If I met her on the street I would hug her, and then instantly ask her to kick my a*s with a workout. The 30 Day Shred is fantastic. Oh, and I cry every episode of the Biggest Loser too. And the final episodes, when they see what they used to look like? I sob like a baby.

    ReplyDelete